“Excellent B&B and charming owner.”

B&B Bologna nel Cuore
Ranked #3 of 305 Bologna B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed in this lovely home with my teenage son. The apartment is part of a beautiful conversion of a very old building in the centre of Bologna. Clean, modern, and well appointed, Maria's home was a wonderful introduction to a splendid town - it represented all that is great about Bologna, an ancient city which at the same time is comfortable with its modernity. Fittingly for guests in the Emiligia-Romagna region we tore ourselves away from the breakfast table with great reluctance. Maria's breakfast is a mini-exploration of the region and days later we are still talking about it!! Sadly we stayed only one night but Maria was helpful and kind nonetheless. I would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear W.,
thank you so much for your lovely review!
I really appreciate it and I'm so glad that you loved Bologna and its atmosphere...

Bologna indeed deserve more than one day..therefore I hope you will come back one day.
And i'll be happy to welcome you again at Bologna nel Cuore!

Thank you and arrivederci.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We spent 6 days in Bologna with our teenage son. The Topazio apartment was absolutely perfect! The location was fantastic - only a few minutes walk from the Piazza Maggiore yet very quiet. After a flight from London, we took the Aerobus to the centre of Bologna. The apartment was only a short walk from the bus stop. It was the cleanest accommodation we've ever stayed in, and the apartment was beautifully appointed. It was even better than the website photos! Our teenager slept on the sofa bed and reports it was very comfortable. We found a small supermarket within 5 minutes walk and the apartment had everything we ended to cook pizza and pasta if we didn't feel like eating out. The shower deserves special mention - hot water, and lots of it, again the best we've had in our travels. The sound of nearby church bells was beautiful.
Maria was very helpful with everything from sorting out problems with our phones, to recommending places to see and eat, to booking taxis - nothing was too much trouble and it was really helpful knowing someone who spoke English (as we spoke no Italian!
Thank you Maria for everything you did to help us have such a fabulous holiday.

Room Tip: Stop looking and stay at Bologna nel Cuore
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ross D
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Ros,

when I met you I immediately understood that you are a very sweet and sensitive person, and I had the confirm of my feeling after reading your review.

Thank you so much for the wonderful words you wrote about my place and about me.
I think you have been to much generous and I hope the next guests will not expect too much....

Thanks again and all the best to you and your lovely family!

Arrivederci

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Wonderful! Fantastic! Great location! Lovely owner!

We stayed in an assortment of lodging during our travels through Italy....B&Bs, hotels, agriturismos, etc. This was hands down the best place we stayed (and shockingly it was the least expensive place we stayed). The owner, Maria Ketty, has thought of everything and has designed and stocked the apartment accordingly. The place is completely modern, filled with light, super cozy...and it had everything we needed (including a hair dryer and washing machine). She even had some breakfast items stocked for us to prepare a light breakfast before heading out for the day. Maria also had wonderful recommendations for restaurants.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Heather,

I was speechless reading your review. I seems to me really too much!
Thank you for sharing your experience at Bologna nel Cuore with the users of Tripadvisor.
I am happy that after so many months the memory of Bologna is still alive in you. This means that with you I reached my goal to ensure that Bologna remains in your Heart!

Thank you so much!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We absolutely loved this place and plan to return. We stayed in one of the apartments, and it was simply delightful. So often you see something online, and when you get there, it is not quite as pictured. Rest assured, what is pictured online is accurate and I would say it is even better when you see it in person. The apartment had everything we needed for our stay and is beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. The location is terrific and we appreciated the wi-fi.

Maria was extremely helpful throughout our stay. She recommended tours, restaurants, helped with directions and with the cab. Her excellent English was extremely helpful.

We have plans to come to Bologna again, and we plan to stay with Maria. Everything was perfect!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

My dear guests from Florida,

what a lovely review!

Thank you so much for your wonderful words and for sharing your experience at Bologna nel Cuore B&B with the users of Tripadvisor.
I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay at Rubino apartment and all the tips that I gave you.

It would be fantastic to have you again as my guests....I'm looking forward to welcome you again at Bologna nel Cuore!

Your sincerely

Reviewed December 23, 2013

All I knew about Bologna was what I had read in a John Grisham novel, but this is a beautiful city worth returning to - and Maria is a lady definitely worth staying with again!

Maria is not only passionate about her B&B, but also her city - and it shows. From my initial email contact through to our stay you appreciate the small things that she does - research for my husbands trip to Maranello, recommendations of restaurants, making phone calls for taxis, phone calls to make restaurant bookings, flyers about walking around the city, home made goodies on the trolley and at breakfast, providing an umbrella when it rained, etc.

A lot of B&Bs could learn how to do it right from this wonderful lady - she certainly sets a high standard. She even apologised for the drizzle we got for the 3 days of our stay but this was just a bit of bad timing....

We chose to stay in many B&Bs during our 7wk trip and we have to stay these showers were the best - a good size that many Americans and Australians would appreciate. And Maria knows how to cook an egg just right! You can see that she has but a lot of thought into providing a welcoming and pleasant stay for her guests.

It was easy to get on a bus from the station, and quite reasonably priced to use a taxi as well. It was a pleasure just walking along the lanes to the main square.

Thank you Maria for making our trip to Bologna memorable. One day we hope to return and enjoy your wonderful hospitality again!

Room Tip: I prefer a shower only so we stayed in the Tapestry room (red). This is part of Maria's own sty...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

I was really impressed by the accuracy with which you described your experience at B & B Bologna nel Cuore
And the nice things you said about me made me really proud.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at B&B bologna nel Cuore with the Tripadvisor users.
What I do for my guests starts from my heart and from the wish that all of them can spend their stay in Bologna as the best experience that's possible. And I hope to be able to give the best of my self to my guests for a long time.

It will be fantastic to have you again as my guests when you will be back to Bologna!

Thank you so much!

My warm regards and wishes for a Very Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I spent two nights in the 'Toledo' room during the final weekend of November whilst in the city, for the first time, visiting friends. This wonderful B&B was recommended to me by a local and clearly one that knew what she was talking about. I have only good things to say about this lovely establishment which is very central and also conveniently close to the train station, for those wishing to use this as a base to travel around from, whilst at the same time being peacefully situated.

My thanks to the lovely and very helpful proprietor Maria Ketty Bonafini who really made my stay such an absolute pleasure. This B&B is beautifully and thoughtfully designed throughout and has an ambience which makes one feel welcome and relaxed from the outset. The large double room was very comfortable with all the mod cons that one could wish for. The room, which is available for single or double occupancy, comes with its own en-suite; both rooms were immaculately clean and very well presented. I could wax lyrical about the breakfast but I will, slightly, restrain myself! - Let's just say; there was a lot of choice and more than enough to set you up nicely for a busy day of work or sightseeing...

Maria's excellent grasp of English meant that I probably did not practice my Italian as much as I should have... ah well there will be a next time!! I really would very highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

What a nice review my dear guest from Cambridge!
From how it is written you can tell that you are very delicate and sensitive.
Thank you for your punctual description of my B&B. For sure it will be helpful for the travellers who use Tripadvisor.

I really hope to have you again as my guest, and I promise you that the next time you can practise your italian.

Arrivederci dunque a Bologna nel Cuore!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Last year I stayed in the B&B while taking an Italian class. Returning to Bologna for a longer stay this time, I booked the Rubino apartment and looked forward to seeing Maria, the owner, again. Maria has impeccable taste which is reflected in the decor of the apartment and its comfortable furnishings. It has plenty of light and overlooks a quiet courtyard. It is well-appointed and has everything you need from making cafe to cooking meals to doing laundry. As in the B&B, the bathroom is modern and one of the best showers anywhere.

It was so pleasant to start each day here and to return in the evening to relax and plan my next day's activities. It is close to the center and near a number of wonderful trattorias. As before Maria was extremely helpful with restaurant recommendations and assistance in reservations.

I felt liked I lived here returning each evening to its comforts and the warmth shown me by Maria. Bologna does indeed stay in my heart thanks to Maria's generosity and hospitality and the homey feel of the apartment. I have to admit I did miss Maria's sumptuous breakfasts at her B&B and chatting with her each morning in Italian.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Patricia cara,

for me as well it has been so nice to see you again and have the opportunity to become more familiar with you.
I'm happy that this time you have had the opportunity to try one of my apartments. And I want to thank you very much for your description so accurate and your ability in describing your feelings and your emotions during your stay in Bologna.
I think you have been too much generous about me....anyway I'm really happy to have been able to put in your heart Bologna!

Thank you Pat !