“WONDERFUL! by far the best logding during our travels through Italy”

B&B Bologna nel Cuore
Ranked #3 of 302 Bologna B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Wonderful! Fantastic! Great location! Lovely owner!

We stayed in an assortment of lodging during our travels through Italy....B&Bs, hotels, agriturismos, etc. This was hands down the best place we stayed (and shockingly it was the least expensive place we stayed). The owner, Maria Ketty, has thought of everything and has designed and stocked the apartment accordingly. The place is completely modern, filled with light, super cozy...and it had everything we needed (including a hair dryer and washing machine). She even had some breakfast items stocked for us to prepare a light breakfast before heading out for the day. Maria also had wonderful recommendations for restaurants.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Heather,

I was speechless reading your review. I seems to me really too much!
Thank you for sharing your experience at Bologna nel Cuore with the users of Tripadvisor.
I am happy that after so many months the memory of Bologna is still alive in you. This means that with you I reached my goal to ensure that Bologna remains in your Heart!

Thank you so much!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We absolutely loved this place and plan to return. We stayed in one of the apartments, and it was simply delightful. So often you see something online, and when you get there, it is not quite as pictured. Rest assured, what is pictured online is accurate and I would say it is even better when you see it in person. The apartment had everything we needed for our stay and is beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. The location is terrific and we appreciated the wi-fi.

Maria was extremely helpful throughout our stay. She recommended tours, restaurants, helped with directions and with the cab. Her excellent English was extremely helpful.

We have plans to come to Bologna again, and we plan to stay with Maria. Everything was perfect!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

My dear guests from Florida,

what a lovely review!

Thank you so much for your wonderful words and for sharing your experience at Bologna nel Cuore B&B with the users of Tripadvisor.
I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay at Rubino apartment and all the tips that I gave you.

It would be fantastic to have you again as my guests....I'm looking forward to welcome you again at Bologna nel Cuore!

Your sincerely

Reviewed December 23, 2013

All I knew about Bologna was what I had read in a John Grisham novel, but this is a beautiful city worth returning to - and Maria is a lady definitely worth staying with again!

Maria is not only passionate about her B&B, but also her city - and it shows. From my initial email contact through to our stay you appreciate the small things that she does - research for my husbands trip to Maranello, recommendations of restaurants, making phone calls for taxis, phone calls to make restaurant bookings, flyers about walking around the city, home made goodies on the trolley and at breakfast, providing an umbrella when it rained, etc.

A lot of B&Bs could learn how to do it right from this wonderful lady - she certainly sets a high standard. She even apologised for the drizzle we got for the 3 days of our stay but this was just a bit of bad timing....

We chose to stay in many B&Bs during our 7wk trip and we have to stay these showers were the best - a good size that many Americans and Australians would appreciate. And Maria knows how to cook an egg just right! You can see that she has but a lot of thought into providing a welcoming and pleasant stay for her guests.

It was easy to get on a bus from the station, and quite reasonably priced to use a taxi as well. It was a pleasure just walking along the lanes to the main square.

Thank you Maria for making our trip to Bologna memorable. One day we hope to return and enjoy your wonderful hospitality again!

Room Tip: I prefer a shower only so we stayed in the Tapestry room (red). This is part of Maria's own sty...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

I was really impressed by the accuracy with which you described your experience at B & B Bologna nel Cuore
And the nice things you said about me made me really proud.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at B&B bologna nel Cuore with the Tripadvisor users.
What I do for my guests starts from my heart and from the wish that all of them can spend their stay in Bologna as the best experience that's possible. And I hope to be able to give the best of my self to my guests for a long time.

It will be fantastic to have you again as my guests when you will be back to Bologna!

Thank you so much!

My warm regards and wishes for a Very Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I spent two nights in the 'Toledo' room during the final weekend of November whilst in the city, for the first time, visiting friends. This wonderful B&B was recommended to me by a local and clearly one that knew what she was talking about. I have only good things to say about this lovely establishment which is very central and also conveniently close to the train station, for those wishing to use this as a base to travel around from, whilst at the same time being peacefully situated.

My thanks to the lovely and very helpful proprietor Maria Ketty Bonafini who really made my stay such an absolute pleasure. This B&B is beautifully and thoughtfully designed throughout and has an ambience which makes one feel welcome and relaxed from the outset. The large double room was very comfortable with all the mod cons that one could wish for. The room, which is available for single or double occupancy, comes with its own en-suite; both rooms were immaculately clean and very well presented. I could wax lyrical about the breakfast but I will, slightly, restrain myself! - Let's just say; there was a lot of choice and more than enough to set you up nicely for a busy day of work or sightseeing...

Maria's excellent grasp of English meant that I probably did not practice my Italian as much as I should have... ah well there will be a next time!! I really would very highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

What a nice review my dear guest from Cambridge!
From how it is written you can tell that you are very delicate and sensitive.
Thank you for your punctual description of my B&B. For sure it will be helpful for the travellers who use Tripadvisor.

I really hope to have you again as my guest, and I promise you that the next time you can practise your italian.

Arrivederci dunque a Bologna nel Cuore!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Last year I stayed in the B&B while taking an Italian class. Returning to Bologna for a longer stay this time, I booked the Rubino apartment and looked forward to seeing Maria, the owner, again. Maria has impeccable taste which is reflected in the decor of the apartment and its comfortable furnishings. It has plenty of light and overlooks a quiet courtyard. It is well-appointed and has everything you need from making cafe to cooking meals to doing laundry. As in the B&B, the bathroom is modern and one of the best showers anywhere.

It was so pleasant to start each day here and to return in the evening to relax and plan my next day's activities. It is close to the center and near a number of wonderful trattorias. As before Maria was extremely helpful with restaurant recommendations and assistance in reservations.

I felt liked I lived here returning each evening to its comforts and the warmth shown me by Maria. Bologna does indeed stay in my heart thanks to Maria's generosity and hospitality and the homey feel of the apartment. I have to admit I did miss Maria's sumptuous breakfasts at her B&B and chatting with her each morning in Italian.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Patricia cara,

for me as well it has been so nice to see you again and have the opportunity to become more familiar with you.
I'm happy that this time you have had the opportunity to try one of my apartments. And I want to thank you very much for your description so accurate and your ability in describing your feelings and your emotions during your stay in Bologna.
I think you have been too much generous about me....anyway I'm really happy to have been able to put in your heart Bologna!

Thank you Pat !
I'm waiting for your next visit to Bologna......nel Cuore

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had such a warm welcome in this beautiful B&B from Maria. I don't think I have felt so welcomed and this was a perfect beginning to our wonderful short visit to Bologna.

Every comfort is provided for you; beautiful surroundings, comfortable beds, great shower, and the most delicious breakfast. The apartment is in a great location; close to everything but peaceful too. But what makes a place exceptional is more than those things, and our hostess really looked after us in a way that made us feel so looked after, and with such a light touch and such warmth.

Can't wait to go back to Bologna and stay at Maria;s. It is such a beautiful and fascinating city - so many restaurants, so little time!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Oh Meg what a lovely review!

It made me so happy to know that you enjoyed so much my hospitality and warmth of my B & B.
This is really my goal: that my guests go back home fully satisfied and in love with Bologna.

And because your visit has been so short....I'm waiting for your next tour to Bologna..during a warmer season.

Thank you very much and ...arrivederci a Bologna!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Rubino apartment Oct. 16-21 and we cannot say enough about this beautiful place. Our hostess, Maria was a true gem and could not have gone out of her way anymore to make our stay in Bologna any better. The apartment is gorgeous. Every detail is perfect. We loved cooking in the lovely kitchen and made us feel like we were really part of living there for our short stay. The building that the apartment is in, lovely with the open courtyards and beautiful hallways.
You will not be disappointed if you stay here. It's like a 5 star hotel but with the comforts of home.
Bologna is a wonderful city to visit. Best food, we experienced on our tour of Italy.
Thank you so much Maria.
It was a pleasure to stay in your apartment.
Love Nancy and Brian
Canada

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank N R
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Nancy and Brian,

I was really amazed by your wonderful review!
Your description it is so punctual and your words about me so generous!
I'm really glad that you enjoyed so much your stay at Bologna nel Cuore and I want to thank you a lot for sharing your discovering of Bologna with other travellers!

I wish you all the best and hope to see you again..

Sincerely