“Superb B&B in the heart of Bologna”

B&B Bologna nel Cuore
Ranked #3 of 311 Bologna B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at Bologna nel Cuore B&B for 5 days in September 2013. Its location is excellent. It is in a quiet street a few minutes’ walk from Bologna’s main historical square, Piazza Maggiore. There are a couple of steps up from the street to the building’s ground floor but after that there is an elevator to the B&B, which is two floors up. Our room (Toledo) was quiet, very comfortable and tastefully furnished in a modern style. It had more wardrobe space than we could use. It also had TV and WiFi although we did not use these.
Breakfasts were excellent with a selection of juices, cereals, breads, pastries, fruit, meats, cheese etc., plus home-baked cakes. The selection changed by the day.
We found the owner, Maria, to be very friendly, charming and helpful. She is knowledgeable about Bologna’s history, restaurants etc. and made dinner reservations for us on a day we had to be out of town. We had a very enjoyable visit and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Tom and Ann,

I really appreciate your lovely review!
Your long and detailed description of your stay at Bologna nel Cuore for sure will be helpful to the visitors of Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much and hopefully I'll have you again as my lovely guests at Bologna nel Cuore.

Your sincerely

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Everything about this wonderful place is over the top--except the price. Maria Ketty alone is worth two extra stars. Hurry and visit before she relalizes she's not charging enough! If the facilities were in a hotel it would be five-star. And the breakfast--WOW. Just let your hostess advise you on lunch and dinner--she's a true expert.

Bethesda Bob

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Bob,

I didn't expect such an excellent review!
It made me a little embarassed...but also so proud.

Thank you very much for appreciating my place and my personality
I love my guests and expecially when they are like you.

I really hope to see you again....
Sincerely

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at Maria's beautiful B&B in mid-September when we came to visit our son who had just started at university in Bologna. We were in Apartment Rubino, which was comfortable, spotlessly clean and ingeniously laid out. It contained everything we needed from toiletries and towels to cleaning and cooking utensils. The apartment looks out onto a central courtyard and was extremely quiet at night.

We arranged to breakfast with Maria Ketty every morning, which was delicious and plentiful and it was fun to chat to her other guests over breakfast. On the last morning we were able to invite our son to breakfast with us and Maria made him very welcome. The location of the B&B is fantastic - minutes walk to the Piazza dei Maggiori and it was a haven to return to after a heavy day's sight-seeing. In fact, because it is so central, we would often pop back a couple of times during the day.

Maria could not be a more generous and gracious host - she made many recommendations for restaurants and was a mine of local information.

We honestly cannot recommend this place highly enough and will be returning next May - thank you Maria!

Room Tip: Apartment Rubino overlooked the courtyard on the first floor - it was very tranquil
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Karen,

thank you very much for your wonderful review!
I really appreciate it.

It make me very happy that you enjoyed so much my B&B Bologna nel Cuore and my city.
I'm looking forward your next visit....

Thank you again!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We followed an Italian language course and Bologna nel Cuore was the perfect place to stay. Bologna nel Cuore is located in the city center near a busstation. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The design of the room with personal touches made you almost feel at home. Maria was very friendly and always helpful. She made a delicious breakfast with special pastries since one of us had food allergies. Bologna nel Cuore was our first B&B but it certainly set a high standard!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear guests from Holland,

thank you very much for your lovely review!
I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay at Bologna nel Cuore and I hope you will have always a nice memory of Bologna and of its warm atmosphere...

Thank you and my best whishes.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We've done a few B&Bs in France and Italy and are rarely disappointed as each one is different in its own way. Bologna nel cuore however sets a very high standard. The rooms are large and very well appointed, bed and bathrooms excellent. Maria sets a great breakfast with everything you might ever want, mostly home made. We left a few kilos heavier! Over our four night stay Maria was extremely helpful and hospitable.
It is a bit hard to get to because of building works in the neighboring block, so its worth checking the 'how to find us 'details carefully. i stress however that the works are not noisy or disruptive in any way you just need to detour around them. Cannot recommend this B&B highly enough!

1  Thank Robbo101
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Robin,

all your group has been so nice and friendly!
Really perfect guests.

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
I'm really happy that you enjoyed my B&B and Bologna. To see my guests happy and satisfied is my goal.

Thank you and keep Bologna in your heart! <3

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Bologna nel Cuore - appropriately named in many ways. In the heart of the city and offering comfort and hospitality.
We stayed here for 4 nights in May and had a terrific time.
The room was superb.
Breakfasts were delicious- with fruit juices, yoghurts, fruits, jams, proscuito, local cheeses, local bread and homemade cakes.
The location was ideal, only 5 minutes walk from the Piazza Maggiore and yet in a quiet peaceful area.
And Maria Ketty proved an excellent hostess and advisor, helping us to choose from the huge number of restaurants nearby.
We also fell in love with the vibrancy of Bologna- a wonderful city.
Thank you Maria Ketty.
THE perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrandMrsBen
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear guests,

thank you so much for your lovely review.
I really appreciate it and I'm happy to have been able to contribute in making unforgettable your stay in Bologna.
I am very pleased and proud that you have been able to appreciate my beloved city!
You have been really able to catch with your photos the soul of Bologna.
I'm sure that the users of Tripadvisor will appreciate them a lot.

Thank you very much!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I had the most wonderful ten days in Bologna away from all the hoards of tourists. We had been travelling for seven weeks and this visit was at the end of our touring. What a pleasure it was to stay in Maria's beautiful Rubina apartment. You can see throughout the apartment Maria's sense of design and the small touches to make your stay comfortable such as providing basic breakfast items, coffee, tea and condiments. Having a washing machine and ironing board was such a luxury after travelling for so long - we Australians do travel for long periods due to the distance we have to travel!! Bologna is such an easy city to walk around and there is lots to see and do. It is easy to do day trips by train to neighbouring villages and there is an excellent food and wine tour that you can take (Italian Days) a fun day Did enjoy walking down to the Piazza each evening for a drink prior to dinner and Maria's recommendations for dining were excellent. However, did enjoy cooking dinner a couple of times in the fully equipted kitchen. It was always nice to come back to the apartment for a rest after touring during the day, almost like coming back home. Maria's home is in an excellent location in the old walled city and I have fallen in love with Bologna, I hope to return one day; thank you Maria for providing a superb apartment for us to rest our weary heads!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra C

Dear Sandra and Garrie,

what a wonderful and detailed review!
Thank you so much for appreciating the Rubino apartment.
Your description of the apartment and of you stay in Bologna is really well done.
You have been able to transmit all your emotions and your feelings about the experience you had in Bologna.
I'm sure it will be helpful to the travellers who will read your review.

Thank you and I really hope to welcome you again at Bologna nel Cuore!

My best regards.