“Fantastic host location, and breakfasts!”

B&B Bologna nel Cuore
Ranked #3 of 283 Bologna B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic host location, and breakfasts!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We just loved staying here!

Maria Ketty was a fantastic host, very kind and thoughtful. She gave great recommendations. Probably the best breakfasts we've had at a B&B. Great location, very clean, peaceful room. Plan to return!

Room Tip: Stayed in 'tapestry room'--enjoyed it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ttoclab
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear londoners guests,

thank you very much for your lovely review!
I'm glad that you enjoied so much your stay at Bologna nel Cuore B&B and I'm sure you will keep Bologna in your heart....

Thanks a lot and..arrivederci!

Maria Ketty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
hollywood, Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Five Stars ***** Stayed at both the B&B and the apartment. Exceptionally clean, elegantly furnished, large modern bathroom (great hot shower!),extremely comfortable beds and luxurious pillows- opens to a beautiful landscaped courtyard with fragrant roses. The amenities in both the B&B and the apartment are first class. Centrally located and safe area, not noisy, it is a 5 minute walk to Piazza Maggiore and the major shopping streets. The train station is about a 15 minute walk. The proprietor is caring, sweet and always available - gourmet home-made baked pastries at breakfast, fresh fruits and lots of local flavor. It felt like a home away from home from the first day. Will be going back there again as Bologna is a central location from which to do day trips to nearby cities and Maria the proprietor is very helpful, kind and a wonderful hostess.

Room Tip: All rooms are gorgeous and open onto landscaped courtyards. Try them all!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank simah
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
From your review you can tell how much happy you have been during your stay in Bologna!
And I'm sure that you will keep a nice memory of my beloved city.
Your extremely detailed review ( I think you have been too much generous!!) made me really happy and it will be for sure useful for the Tripadvisor users....

Thank you so much Susan!
Arrivederci....a Bologna...nel Cuore <3

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

This lovely B&B is in a great location - minutes from the Piazza Maggoire and city center.
We stayed in the Toledo room, which was comfortable and had a spacious bathroom.
Maria, the hostess was sweet and very helpful - suggesting restaurants and calling for reservations.
The breakfasts are delicious, including a large selection and homemade items.
A great value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your lovely review!
I really appreciate the nice words you have written about my B&B and my person.
I'm really happy to have made comfortable your stay in Bologna and I hope you will keep a nice memory of it.

Thank you!
Hergiswil, Switzerland
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Are you looking for a place in the centre of Bologna where you feel like home? Very comfortable and clean room, breakfast as its best and even a place for your car (if not too big). The owner Maria Ketty is very friendly and helpful. As we only stayed one night and Bologna has still much more to offer, we definitively will come again to this lovey B&B.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear guests from Hergiswil,

thank you very much for sharing with the users of Tripadviosr your feeling about your stay in Bologna nel Cuore B&B.
It is my goal to make my guests feel like at home..
For sure it will be a pleasure for me to host you again when you will come back to Bologna to discover the treasures of this city.

See you at your next visit!

Gloucestershire
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We spent three nights at nel Cuore and enjoyed every moment. Our room was very well appointed, the bathroom very modern and sparkling - the best shower ever. Maria made us the most delicious breakfasts and one morning I was even able to listen to Pavarotti whilst drinking my freshly squeezed Scicilian orange juice. She is a charming hostess and made us very welcome. I have already recommended nel Cuore to friends - marvellous!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear guests from Gloucestershire,

thank you for your lovely review.
I'm happy to know that you enjoyed so much your stay in "Bologna nel Cuore".
You have been so nice guests!

Thank you for recommending my B&B to your friend.
I really appreciate.
Thank you again and...arrivederci

Cumbria
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had hoped to stay in one of the Bed and Breakfast rooms at Bologna nel Cuore but due to a lack of availability of the B and B rooms we were offered a studio flat for three nights instead.

Studio Rubino is an extremely well-appointed, quiet, elegant and even luxurious little flat - and the price reflects this. Nevertheless, for the comfort and convenience it represents, the price is reasonable.

Maria gave us good information about the city, and there was further information available in the flat - very helpful for people like us who spent most of our time looking at churches, ancient buildings and museums. As mentioned by other guests, the location is really excellent: close to the Piazza Maggiore and to all the major sights, with fantastic restaurants right on the doorstep.

The self-managed breakfast was simple but adequate (and left us plenty of space to sample the wonderful cuisine for which Bologna is rightly famous).

For (almost) non-Italian speakers like ourselves, Maria is an excellent hostess with perfect English - and we found that people in Bologna in general were welcoming and tolerant of our attempts to express ourselves in phrase-book Italian.

We had a wonderful time in Bologna, and Bologna nel Cuore's Studio Rubino gave us a safe and peaceful place where we could relax in comfort at the end of our busy days.

Much better than any hotel we could have found in terms of quality and comfort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear guests of Cumbria,

thank you very much for your lovely review!
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay in the studio Rubino and I'm happy to have been able to contribute to making your stay in Bologna pleasant and interesting.
Your detailed description of the apartment and the surroundings will be for sure very usefull for the users of Tripadvisor.

Thank you again!

Nice, France
Reviewed April 6, 2013

B&B - modern, clean and quiet place. Very personal, it basically feels like going to your house after you have done your scrolling through the streets of Bologna. Very centrally located, 5 min walk to piazza Maggiore. The price reflects the quality (...but should not go any higher).
We liked the building from inside more than from the outside - its entrance through corridors is like tiny town. Parking possible in the owners garage; but ask in advance (oh, it is steep way down :))

Room - clean, spacious ... big wardrobe. Aircon, heating, TV all there as needed.
En-suite bathroom is spacious too - very modern and clean. Toilet not separate.

The owner - Maria is helpful and very polite host. You can really feel she is doing her best to make you feel comfortable and happy. And of course she lives there in the next "room".

Breakfast: look at the pictures. In Italy breakfast = sweet time .... and that is what you certainly gonna have, sweet time. Sweet tortellini, cakes, fruit ... fresh orange juice. Of course you can get some bread and salami and cheese too :)

For who?: anyone who likes personal, high standard, centrally located accommodation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Ketty B, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Very personal review!

In a few lines you have been able to describe in a very original way your feelings about your experience at Bologna nel Cuore B&B.

Thank you very much Jaro. Expecially for what you have written about me. It really give me a lot of satisfaction that my customers appreciate all my efforts to make them feel comfortable and happy!

The last line is really lovely!!!

Thanks again.