“Home from home in Bologna”

B&B Bologna nel Cuore
Ranked #3 of 283 Bologna B&B and Inns
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Home from home in Bologna”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We recently stayed in this lovely B&B in Bologna. We rented the Rubino apartment which was modern, light and airy, spotlessly clean and perfect for the two of us. The kitchen area had everything we needed and Maria Ketty provided us with the basics for breakfast. The bed was comfortable and the shower brilliant with loads of hot water - I didn't want to get out!

The apartment was a 5 minute walk to the main square and shopping area. Maria was the perfect hostess, greeting us when we arrived and providing maps and information about Bologna and surrounding areas. The restaurants which she recommended were superb and we had some lovely meals (our only bad experience in a bistro type place that has been voted the worst in Bologna on TA - be warned - and I must stress was NOT on Maria's list!).

The only downside was that we didn't get to know Maria better - maybe next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MargB063
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Margaret ,

thank you so much for your wonderful review!
I'm really glad that you and your husband are so enthusiastic about your holiday in Bologna and your stay at Bologna nel Cuore.
I appeciate a lot your nice description about the Rubino apartment which can be useful for other future guests....
Me too I hope to host you again in the future and to have the opportunity to know better each other.
Arrivederci a Bologna nel Cuore!

Maria Ketty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We rented the elegant, tastefully decorated Topazio apartment for five nights this past September. Everything about the place was just perfect. The apartment has been recently updated, was spotlessly clean and the kitchen was equiped with everything we could have possibly needed. The location was ideal for exploring Bologna by foot, and very quiet despite being so central. We looked forward to coming back to the apartment in the late afternoon to relax before going out to dinner. And Maria Ketty was a most gracious host. I would highly recommend this place to anyone; we hope to return before too long.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary P
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Mary,

what a nice surprise to read your fantastic review on Tripadvisor!
I'm so happy that you still remember with such a pleasure your holiday in Bologna.
Thank you very much for your careful description of the Topazio apartment adn for the nice words about me!

Me too I really hope to welcome you again at "Bologna nel Cuore"....arrivederci!

Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The name is program: right in the heart of downtown Bologna, modern and comfortable equiped appartments in different sizes (one or two bedrooms). Maria (the owner) is very helpful and nice, provides tipps and recommondations, all in all a perfect place to stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Golosa-I
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you very much for appreciating my accomodations.
Bologna it's a wonderful city and to enjoy the visit and go back with Bologna in your heart you need a comfortable place to stay...

I hope to host you again!
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This B&B sets the standard that other B&B proprietors should aim for. Stylish, immaculately clean accommodation hosted by Maria Ketty Bonafini; a warm and helpful hostess. We had the double bedroom and our own bathroom and our teens had the twin bedroom with their own shower room. We slept like babies in our quiet and comfortable room and offered a breakfast fit for a king when we woke. I would not stay anywhere else in Bologna, other than perhaps one of her apartments. Free Wifi.

Room Tip: 2 bedrooms, each with own bathroom. The building is very central and and minutes away from the main...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I'm really glad that you and your family appreciated me and my B&B.
In the same way I loved you as my guests!
And it would be very nice to welcome you again at your next visit to Bologna...

Grazie mille e arrivederci!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were guests of B & B Bologna nel Cuore for 4 nights in October, 2012. The loveliest of proprietors, Maria (Ketty) Bonafini, greeted us on the street just outside her building, when we arrived, as if we were a long lost favorite family member. The apartment is as warm as she is, with beautifully appointed details. We loved our spacious, beautiful room. It smelled good too. The bathrooms are beautiful and modern. Her recommendations for restaurants were in keeping with her great taste in everything. The breakfasts were over the top delicious, and because she knew that I was gluten intolerant, she surprised me with homemade gluten-free baked goods. The most wonderful thing about returning from a long day of site seeing, was that we felt like we lived here and we had come home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Lynn,

thank you so much for your wonderful review!!
I'm really glad that you enjoyed so much your stay in Bologna nel Cuore.
It is exactly my goal to make my guests fell like at home....

Thank you and always keep Bologna in your heart!
Bar Harbor, Maine
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Bologna nel Cuore was my home for seven nights while I attended a language course in Bologna. My room was spacious and very comfortable complete with guide books in my native language and wifi access. The bathroom was something out of a design magazine. It had a wonderful shower and was well-equiped. The room was quite private and quiet yet I felt I was living in Maria's beautiful home as a personal guest. Maria greeted me each morning in Italian and was very patient as I progressed through the days acquiring more skills. She explained nuances of the language to me and encouraged my progress. The breakfasts each morning were an amazing range of homemade delights, fruit, yogurt, cereals, and meats and cheeses. I can still taste those amazing chocolate muffins. Maria was so gracious as a host and helpful in recommending restaurants and other highlights of Bologna. The B&B is centrally located to wonderful trattorias, the heart of Bologna and close to transportation. It has an elevator as well which is something you do not always find in older buildings. I really came to feel like i was coming home each evening and I reflect warmly on my stay and know I will return. Maria is a wonderful host and warm and caring person. Mi manca molto Bologna nel cuore!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear guest,

what a wonderful review,so detailed and full of appreciations!
I'm really glad that you enjoyed so much Bologna and your stay at Bologna nel Cuore B&B.
For me it has been very nice to have a delightful person like you as my guest and I really hope to welcome you again one day....
Thank you dear Patricia and arrivederci....

Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at B&B Bologna nel Cuore in September. Everything was perfect from the most obvious things that you first notice like the quiet and tranquil surroundings, the clean spacious room with plenty of storage space and the wonderful bathroom. The room also had a cozy atmosphere that made us immediately feel at home.

Marias attention to details and finishing in everything from the room to the breakfast is just incredible. She has really put her heart and soul into making this B&B to the most pleasant place to stay in. Maria was also very helpful in every way to suggest places to visit and restaurants.

Maria is a fantastic host and at breakfast she really pampered us every day when she prepared and served us different home baked delicacies. At breakfast there was also a wide range to choose from. (Grazie mille Maria per la ricetta della torta di carote! Abbiamo fatto la torta e offrire nostri amici di assagiare. Era un successo!)

We would warmly recommend everyone who are planning a visit to Bologna to stay at B&B Bologna nel Cuore.

We also hope to come back to Bologna some day in the future and then we will of course stay at B&B Bologna nel Cuore.

Grazie mille Maria!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Karl and Marie Helena,

I really didn't expect such a wonderful review!
I'm very glad that you appreciate the passion I put in hosting my guests.
This is my goal: that my guests can really feel like at home and go back with Bologna in their hearts.
I'm also very happy that you cooked a nice torta di carote for your friends! Bravi!

Thank you very much!!!