“perfect location in bologna” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of B&B Bologna nel Cuore

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bologna
B&B Bologna nel Cuore
Ranked #3 of 281 Bologna B&B and Inns
New York
“perfect location in bologna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

We spent 2 nights , May 21 & 22, with Maria at her B&B. This B&B is spotless and the location cannot be better. We loved Bologna. The city is perfect for walking and Maria's B&B is never far away for a quick rest stop. The breakfast started the day off right. It is just the best spot to stay in the city. Would love to go back! bjt5203

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear guests from NY,

thank you very much for your nice review!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed my hospitality. I really hope to welcome you again at my B&B Bologna nel Cuore.

Arrivederci!

Maria Ketty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

We must echo the sentiments of many of the previous reviewers - the B&B is very accessible, well situated close to the core but on a quiet side-street and very secure. The rooms are stylish, clean, very comfortable, producing nights of deep and well-deserved sleep after walking tours of Bologna each day. For my wife and I on our recent visit in May, Maria was the quintessential host - gracious, accommodating, and patient with our conversations in our basic Italian. She provided a wealth of information to help us get started, and expressed interest in what we had seen and done from day to day. As mentioned by others, her breakfast really is exceptional - we did not see a breakfast of this quality anywhere else during our trip. We would return to nel Cuore in a heartbeat on our next visit to Bologna.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear guests from Alberta,

thank you so much for your nice review!
You have been so generous!
I really hope that Bologna remain in your heart....
I'm waiting for you on your next visti to this wonderful city.

Algarve, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

We 've just returned from a short stay in Bologna nel cuore. The Topazio apartment was beautifully designed and had everything we needed from an italian moka express to a free wireless.The shower is particularly good!
The quietness of the building allowed us to have three perfect nights of sleep after spending our time exploring Bologna.
Maria was very helpfull with the bags and booked a taxi for the morning of our departure.
We absolutely loved those days and will definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear guests from Portugal,
I am very happy that your stay in Bologna was a perfect end of your long holiday and I hope that my beloved city will remain in your "Heart"! Thanks for appreciating the attention to detail with which I have restored and furnished the apartment Topazio in which you stayed. Your review will definitely be considered by travelers who use Tripadvisor.
Thank you and goodbye to your next visit to Bologna.

Takoma Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

We recently stayed with Maria at the Bologna nel Cuore B and B upon landing in Italy and again for two nights before leaving. We loved it. The rooms and bath are spotlessly clean, comfortable and well-appointed. The location is superb - easy walking distance to everything you want to see in central Bologna. And Maria's breakfast was just the perfect way to start the day. Also, don't hestitate to get restaurant recommendations from Maria. She steered us to some of our best meals we had in Italy.

Thank you Maria for making our stay so wonderful. See you next time we are in Bologna.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear guests form Maryland,

thank you so much for your nice review!
I appeciate a lot the wish to share with the Tripadvisor users your positive feeling about the B&B
Bologna nel Cuore.

Thank you again and see you the next time in Bologna...
Arrivederci

Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I, a single woman traveler, stayed here for two days during my week-long for-pleasure trip in Milan in May 2012, Parma, Bologna and Venice. I travel often (mostly for business and food trips), and I can say, on a relative and absolute scale, this place rates at the top for many different reasons:

Everyone's reviews already praised the spotless cleanliness, great location, delicious breakfast (more on that later), so I'll focus on some things that aren't obvious:

- Safe location: As a woman traveling solo, you need to think not only of the centrality but also of the accessibility of the place. At night, this place was in the heart of town and well-lit (Bologna has a lot of dark alleyways!). You have a key to enter the building's front door (which has security surveillance), which is nice, because the building is posh with well-to-do residents.

- Personable and Reliable: You don't have to worry about the dreaded "no one is answering" problem you get when you book places in Europe. I was running 4 hours late from Parma, and I called Maria 4 times to reconfirm an arrival time, and each time, she picked up and was really flexible - no stress at all!

Also, I'll like to address that one poor review: perhaps we have different standards of hospitality, but at least to me, Maria's hospitality was unparalleled. At no time during my stay there did I feel like I was imposing - I was always nosy as to what Maria was cooking, and she took the time and patience to tell me all about Italian cuisine, her kitchen, where her produce comes from, what are the hidden gems in the city, etc. etc. Her genuine care and hospitality makes it worthwhile to return to Bologna just to stay at her place again.

Other things: For those food travelers out there, Maria makes a killer breakfast - this is a destination meal in itself. Also, full wifi connectivity.

Room Tip: Maria has rooms in her own apartment and studios in the same building. I looked at both - the studio...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear young guest,

what is amazing to me is your review!
Your considerations are so deep and different...from them I can understand that you are a very sensitive and tasteful person.
Thank you very much for writing your review with such an accuracy and in particular for addressing to that one poor review....
Thank you for appreciating my passion for my region and its wonderful food!
I really hope you will have the opportunity to come back to Bologna nel Cuore.

Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We  stayed in Bologna nel cuore B&B for five days and that was just GREAT. Amazing location - everything you'll want to see visiting Bologna is near. Maria is a wonderful host who immediately made us feel very much at home. The rooms where nice and clean and tastefully decorated. Great service - the breakfasts was very good, and Maria gave us very useful  advices about great resturants and what to see in the city. We had a really wonderful time in Bologna and are allready looking forward to come back to the beautiful and frendly city and to Bologna nel cuore B&B

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear guests from Norway,

it is wonderful for me to know that you will have such a nice memory of Bologna and you will keep it your heart!
Thank you for appreciating your stay in my B&B and for your careful review.
I'm sure it will be helpful to the users of Tirpadvisor.

See you on your next trip to Bologna!
Arrivederci Tore e Inger

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a long overdue review which I promised Maria.
We were a couple from Singapore with a one year boy together with us.
Maria was a wondering host who made us feel very welcome. She prepared a list of recommended restaurants for us to visit during our stay and was helpful in addressing my train queries before my trip too.
Rooms were very clean and had absolute privacy so no worries about our boy disturbing other travellers. Very comfortable and large room with a big wardrobe and well equipped bathroom.
Breakfast was sumptuous with a wide selection of hams, cheese, bread, yoghurt, juice, coffee etc.
Location was great, very near the city center.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
What a surprise to read your nice review!
And moreover after such a long time...which means that relly you get Bologna in your heart!!!
Thankyou very much. I appreciate your comment a lot and I'm sure that it will be helpful to the users of Tripadvisor.

Any time you decide to go back to Bologna you will be welcome in B&B Bologna nel Cuore!