“small but good”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Stefano
Description: Typical Bolognese Osteria with local cuisine and seasonal products. Menu of the day. Inviting and several starters. Fresh pasta (tortellini, tagliatelle, lasagne ...). Large variety of homemade desserts all served in trays centerpiece. Informal friendly atmosphere by candlelight. Our advertising is only you, with your reviews. Thanks to you we can always improve.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was the only place I found near the hotel where I could get a meal.It is small and, I think, a family business.The menu is very small but the food I had was excellent and value for money.The large jug of water turned out to be free and altho' I had an excellent pasta dish only, at the end of the meal I was given a square of delicious chocalate cake.The service was friendly and I can recommend this osteria wholeheartedly.

2  Thank ashlea
Write a ReviewReviews (1,927)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

If you go, don't have lunch (or breakfast!) beforehand. Even though we had been told there was masses of food, we made the mistake of ordering too much.The starter is amazing. It consisted of, I think, 10 different dishes. All very simple but traditional and local produce. It ranged from meats, figs stuffed with cheese, thin pastry puffs, mozzarella with tomato, some kind of souffle, then spicy sausages with beans in a sauce. We had made the mistake of ordering pasta, which though delicious was really too much as we couldn't leave without trying the desert. This again consisted of many different items, such as mascarpone, chocolate mousse, brownies, trifle, creme brulee and profiteroles. A brandy appeared somewhere in the middle of this and a limoncello at the end! I would recommend just having the starter and desert - enough for anyone!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was back to Bologna after almost a year and this place spoilt the mood of both my friends and myself.

The waiters are extremely unprofessional and unfriendly: expect your food to be thrown on the table.

We ordered "Antipasti misti" which is also made out of things you would not expect as a real starter: e.g. Cotoletta alla Milanese and Sausages. That said, the quality is also at the bottom end of the scale. Precooked stuff which they warm up in microwave.

After that I went for a rare "Tagliata di Manzo" (beef steak) as main course. Expect to chew forever...on top of that the presentation of the plate was horrible as the steak is simply put on an empty plate.

The dessert choice is quite wide and chocolate cake is decent.

The above experience came at the price of 30E per person. You can definitely get much better food and service for this price.

2  Thank ajace82
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The service was very accommodating although it was very slow, we asked for vegetarian antipasti di casa because we were burnt out on meat, most of it was good. The shining star of the night was the Tortellini in Brodo. It was served in a clear glass bowl for 2 and was a wonderful texture and flavor. They also offered dessert in the end, Brownies, this was a first for me to see brownies in Italy. It is normally way to sweet for Italians but we of course ate it and it was wonderful.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I ate as Osteria Broccaindosso not really knowing what to expect. Then the food started coming and didn't really cease. Even trying to say no to dessert was met with jovial encouragement that we should keep eating. Much of the food (especially the tortellini in brodo) was fantastic. This is a unique experience (as in not ordering from a menu) but was a really great way to taste a lot of different dishes and was good value for money. Making a reservation was a little difficult but we were able just to show up with no problems.

1  Thank dy357lx