“Antipasti meravigliosi!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Vitale
“Antipasti meravigliosi!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Nice restaurant in a little sidestreet just next to Bologna's main square! Warm welcome (we were there with a regular!?) and good food! We tasted the Pizza "Prosciutto è fungi", the Tortellini alla panna, the Bresaola plate and the extra ordinary selection of authentic antipasti available at the buffet! We finished with a great italian coffee and left happy for the second round of sightseeing in the amazing city of "portico's"!

• Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tarxien, Malta
“We found a little gem.......”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Close to the 2 Towers, turn right at the "Apple" store, down an unremarkable short alleyway and discover the Ristorante Scalinatella.
It is a good sized restaurant with a few tables outside. We visited this establishment 3 times during our stay in Bologna and all the food we tried was of a good quality and full of flavour. These included pasta, risotto, meats and desserts. I tried a "cheeky little Prosecco" which was only 4 euros for half a litre and was better than a lot of more expensive wines I tried during my time in Northern Italy. The service was good without being irratic or intrusive and between them the staff spoke German, English and I'm sure would get by in other languages. I would definatelly recommend the Scalinatella to my family and friends.

• Visited June 2013
Kiev, Ukraine
“Like and recommend!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The restaurant is full of locals - a good prove that the food is good, service is fast, home made tiramisu is fantastic - the best I've ever tried! Recommend!

• Visited March 2013
thessaloniki
“Very good and convenient!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very nice food! Good prices! In my opinion, the pizza was great, but the gnocchi was not! The service was very good, the servings were satisfactory and the waiters spoke English! Central location!

• Visited August 2012
Ski Municipality, Norway
“My first meal in Bologna.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I found this restaurant on my first night in Bologna, as I was more or less wandering aimlessly around the historical city centre. Scaliatella is very central, but at the same time tucked away in a narrow sidestreet, so has kept its charm intact. First time I walked past it it was empty, but after a nice glass of wine in an enoteca around the corner I walked past it again and then it was filling up so I dropped in. Got a nice table in the middle of the restaurant and prompt service. I had made up my mind beforehand that I was going to have "spaghetti bolognese" for my first meal in Bologna, but here it is of course not served with spaghetti, but tagliatelle, and the right name is therefore "Tagliatelle al' ragu". But before that I ordered a starter, "Sfizio", that looked interesting. It turned out to be what they in Rome refer to as "Suppli", various "dumplings" filled with anything you can think, and then breaded and deep fried. very good it was too! And then my tagliattelle came, which was steaming hot, tasty and covered in Parmesan cheese. Absolutely yummy, and after coffee I was yet again released in the the clement bolognese night! I would definitely go back!

• Visited January 2013