“Grazie Marco!!! Maravillosa Bologna y maravilloso B&B Ayhome”
Review of B&B ayHome

B&B ayHome
Ranked #15 of 302 Bologna B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I just got back from Bologna where I stayed in B&B Ayhome for 4 days and I must say that Marco (the owner) has been really nice to us, always smiling and helping us with our queries, recommending restaurants and places of interest, having a chat with us at any time and making us feel as if we were at home.

Thank you Marco, you made our time in bologna easier and nice. The place is very quiet and very well located (only 15 minutes walk to the center). The surroundings are nice as well and it is as if you were in your own house. Breakfast is very good quality with lots of differentnice ans tasty pastries, good coffee, juice ... at a nice and quiet atmosphere. Rooms are really big and the bathrooms very clean and big as well. Never had to quee or wait to get one available as the place is not big and two bathrooms are enough for all the bedrooms as only 4 of them.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Es un lugar excelente a un precio más que razonable considerando donde está ubicado, la calidad del...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 16, 2012

A perfect place to stay in the centre of Bologna (25mins flat walk from station on opposite side of city), it gave us far more than we had expected/hoped for! So clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. (I particularly loved the calm portrait on the easel!) Marco was very welcoming when we arrived, and friendly and helpful each time we met in the hall. Lots of choice for breakfast - with delicious coffee from the Lavazza machine! Most importantly for me, the two bathrooms were always sparkling clean, and although I'd normally prefer ensuite, were fine to share even when all five rooms were booked. I can't wait to stay here again! A brilliant find!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Ayhome B&B was a very nice place, comfortable, quiet but at the same time in he walking distance to the historical city center. The owner was very nice and helpful. I would absolutely recommend the place and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and would stay again. The rooms were spacious. The host was helpful when we arrived. It was relatively quiet and an easy walk to the main piazza. Breakfast was self-service, but generous.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed in Bologna for two nights at the ayHome, a well appointed, tastefully furnished B&B on the southern side of town. I arrived at the train station and only then realised it was, quite literally, the other side of town from the bus/train station (tip - bus A or 30, stop-off at Tribunale, will get you there). Even though Bologna is not a big city and quite walkable, one side of town to the other is a good 30mins, moreso with luggage. So, as my train was late and I was hauling my butt to the other side of town, the ayHome manager at the time started calling me to find out where I was. I told him I was on my way, train was delayed, and would be there soon. All very good. However, when he called a third time and slipped that his dinner was waiting for him at home, it really didn't give me the best impression.

I eventually arrived there and was impressed - a lift up two floors to a modern looking B&B. Rooms were clean & large, wi-fi was free, (shared) bathrooms were massive and air-con was put into my room. Fantastic. All I needed now was a map and I could get my holiday started. The reply - oh, we ran outta maps. And don't know when we're getting more in. Really? You've run out of maps? That most basic of tourist necessity?

The ayHome has got a lot going for it, and if a couple of things had been sorted, I would def give it a solid 4 stars. It's just unfortunate that a couple of things marred an overall good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the air con for your room in summer - not just the fan they put in there!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Seraphial
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I spent one night here. Our bedroom was clean and tastefully furnished, but rather basic for the price. The proprietor was nowhere to be seen the entire time we were there, so we were greeted by the maid, who was nice, but clearly not a hostess. The breakfast was pitiful: all vacuum sealed packets. We bought pastries and fruits the day before; definitely the way to go. That said, we were able to walk to all the sights we wanted to see, were quite happy with the cleanliness of the establishment, and overall satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed for two nights. Rooms were large, clean and elegant. The rooms are in an apartment building with polished floors and high ceilings meaning that the upstairs neighbours can be very noisy- after listenng what was either a dog or child drop something heavy and metallic on the floor above our room repeatedly we got a litle sick of this.We also had one night where we were kept awake by either water in pipes or pigeons outside- we couldn't decipher the cause. Take ear plugs!
Breakfast was good although mostly highly processed (packaged bread/ buns and pastries). There was fruit juice and you could make your own coffee; yoghurt and cereal were available too.
The B and B was located a good 10-15 minute walk from the center of town.
Parking was available in a local car parking area at a cost of 15 euro (over night).

The hosts were friendly and helpful. You did feel a little like an intruder in their home though.
There were some more practical aspects that could be improved too- like somewhere to hang towels in you room (you were asked not to leave them in the shared bathroom), and decent lighting in the room so you can read. Albeit these practial things may take away from the decor and inerior design of the room.Overall, if you don't mind the walk into town it is clean and reliable place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple