“Exceptional!”

Ranked #6 of 292 Bologna B&B and Inns
Wells, Maine
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Room has a private entrance and its own bath, is spotlessly clean and spacious. Hostess Roberta greeted us with maps of the area and suggestions about the best and most interesting sights. She booked a free walking tour for us, suggested several fabulous restaurants and made our stay in Bologna the highlight of our trip through Italy. She is an amazing cook and the breakfasts were beautifully presented. Everything is homemade, fresh, local and delicious. Roberta says this is her passion and it shows!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jan S
roberta_manganelli, Proprietario at B&B Benelli, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thanks for your lovely comment. I am happy to have earned your first review!!It was a pleasure having you here and chatting with you. You have been two lovely guests, full of enthusiasm.
If you decide to come back you will always be welcome.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed with Roberta for 4 nights a couple of weeks ago and have to say had an exceptional stay. We highly recommend this B&B to all. There is only one room at the B&B and you are looked after by Roberta like a King. The room is large and bright, very clean with plenty of storage room. The bathroom as well is a good size and stocked with all the toiletries you need, good brands as well (which is important for us ladies). As others have mentioned the breakfast is spectacular and healthy. We only wished we had bigger appetites to eat more. The olive oil from Roberta's father is delicious.The B&B is a comfortable 10-15 minute walk to the main square.

What makes the stay so special though is Roberta. She thinks of everything to make your stay as wonderful and comfortable as possible. She even took me to the pharmacy to get some medicine.

I also have to mention Roberta's infectious passion for Bologna. She wants you to leave Bologna after having the most wonderful experience. She helped us with a great walking tour, maps and restaurants. You have to try the restaurant down the road for great seafood, pasta and service.

Bologna is a beautiful and colourful city whose centre is easy to get around by foot and don't get me started on the food. I wish we had deli's like that in Dublin. Beautiful displays of the most delicious food which we had to pleasure to enjoy. You also have to love the fact that Bologna is not as crowded as other popular Italian cities. Other towns and villages are very accessible from Bologna. I highly recommend the Italian Days Food Experience Tour. You can check out reviews on tripadvisor.

Roberta ... grazie mille per tutto!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sydneydublin
Thank you dear friends for your long and detailed review. I'm happy that my advice made your stay so pleasurable. I love Bologna and sharing my knowledge of the city with my guests so that they can discover those places or corners that are not mentioned in guidebooks, is a great pleasure for me. Thank you for choosing Bologna as a stop for your trip in Italy.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Roberta's B&B and found it lived up to expectation. Immaculate apartment; delicious breakfasts with a bevy of homemade, locally sourced goodies and a charming hostess who epitomised Italian chic! Bologna is a fantastic place to stay; all of the culture and none of the 'let's see the world through a camera lens so we can bore all of our friends about it' kind of tourists (we saw lots of these in Florence and Venice!). Go to Bologna and stay with Roberta. You won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear friends, I am happy to have earned your first review. Thank you for your kind words. You were guests with great humour and fun and it was a great pleasure having you.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had 3 nights staying with Roberta and would highly recommend staying at b&b benelli. Roberta was really friendly and helpful prior to our arrival - prompt response to emails, clear directions to the b&b and even booking us a restaurant for our first evening (which was also our best meal in bologna!) The room is spacious, clean and modern and in a great location not too far from the centre. What makes this place special is the kindness and genuine friendliness of Roberta - she made us feel so welcome and spent lots of time giving us great tips on where to visit and places to eat. And not to forget the breakfast! What a treat! Hope to stay again one day and thank you Roberta!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for dedicating some of your time to writing this review. It's always a pleasure to give my guests advice about restaurants, and everything which is beautiful in Bologna. If you decide to come back you will always be welcome.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed 3 very enjoyable days at this excellent B&B. Our room was a double bedroom with ensuite bathroom that is part of the owners' luxurious apartment. Roberta and Lorus were fantastic hosts - very friendly, helpfully and informative. Roberta's breakfasts were amazing. We would definitely stay there again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank PeterJF54
roberta_manganelli, Proprietario at B&B Benelli, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you Peter for your beautiful review! I am happy that you enjoyed my B&B and my breakfasts. Bologna is famous for its good food and I like to maintain its fame serving the great dishes from our territory for breakfast.
I thank you for having chosen to stay in B&B Benelli and I am happy to have contributed to making your stay in Bologna pleasant and interesting.
Roberta
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had read the wonderful reviews of this B&B when planning our last trip to Italy, so decided to book Roberta's room for three of our five nights in Bologna (would have stayed all five nights but the room was not available). B&B Benelli did not disappoint! The accommodations are just delightful, and the hostess, Roberta, even more so. The room is spacious and clean with a large skylight. The en suite bathroom is large, extremely modern, spotlessly clean, and is stocked with everything you could need. The B&B is an easy walk to the attractions downtown as well as to the train station. Breakfast is fabulous, consisting of a variety of healthy, fresh items from the market and homemade goodies. The olive oil from Roberta's parents' olive trees was a special and exceptional treat. Roberta is a great ambassador for her home city and is eager to share her knowledge and suggestions for places to visit. The B&B itself is located on the fourth floor (level three) of a building that is unassuming from the exterior but is sparkling and sophisticated inside. There is an elevator available. Staying at this B&B was a highlight of our trip to Italy. We would not stay anywhere else if we travel to Bologna again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you dear guests from Omaha for your detailed and beautiful review. I'm sorry I wasn't able to host you for the whole duration of your stay in Bologna. The definition you give me of "great ambassador" of my city fills me with pride. Sharing my knowledge of Bologna with my guests is a great pleasure. A tourist who is satisfied of his stay in Bologna will bring great advertising regarding this city back to his country. Thanks again.
Roberta
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at B&B Benelli for 1 night in December 2012. It was very comfortable and Roberta was warm, welcoming and very helpful. The B&B is well located lose to the city centre and Bologna railway station. Roberta provided us with information on the city and even recommended and booked a great restaurant for us for the night we were there. The breakfast she provided was amazing. Home-made poached fruits, yoghurt and biscotti with olive oil from her father's olive grove. The room was warm, comfortable, spacious and clean. All of this at an affordable price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Meg_M4
roberta_manganelli, Proprietario at B&B Benelli, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear guests, thank you for this lovely review and for having chosen to stay in Bologna, even if only for one night, during your stay in Italy.