“Amazing city amazing B&B”
Review of B&B Benelli

B&B Benelli
Ranked #6 of 284 Bologna B&B and Inns
Perth
“Amazing city amazing B&B”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in October, and it was just fantastic on so many levels. Roberta really looked after us and the apartment itself is really spacious, modern and comfortable. My Husband was in foodie heaven with Robertas breakies (okay me too) and every morning we started the day in a fabulous food coma haze. I got quite sick during my stay and Roberta was incredibly kind and helpful. We really enjoyed the city as well if your thinking of heading to Bologna you should its great and book B&B Benelli while your at it

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teagan C
roberta_manganelli, Proprietario at B&B Benelli, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you Teagan for your lovely review!
I'm sorry that you were non well during your stay in Bologna. It's never pleasurable when it happens, and especially when abroad and where the language is unknown.
Going with your husband to the pharmacy was the least I could do for you!
I wish you all the best!
Roberta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Excellent. Roberta is a wonderful hospitable host, her breakfasts have to be seen and tasted to be believed. Roberta takes atrip to the local market every morning to source her fresh produce,makes her own Yoghurt and has her fathers olive oil made from his olive grove all for her guests to try. Bologna is a must see visit if you are traveling through Italy, especially if you are here for the food and wine and Roberta steered us in the right direction for both. So we would suggest that if you want comfort, beautiful food and a warm welcome to one of Italy's most amazing cities then stay here. Thank You Roberta. Garry Newman and Maree Hodge.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
roberta_manganelli, Proprietario at B&B Benelli, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thanks Garry and Maree for you enthusiasm, for your interest in Bologna's history, customs and habits.
I am happy that you liked Bologna so much. A satisfied and enthusiastic traveler will make great advertising for this beautiful city. And I am happy to contribute to this purpose.
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I can't add much to the comments of previous reviewers - this place is gorgeous. We stayed for 3 nights & loved the B&B and Bologna, in fact we hope to get back for a week next year.
The only reason for me to write this review is to assure everyone that Roberta's B&B remains amazing & is definitely a great choice for beautiful Bologna.
Easy location for the train station & all the sights in the town.
The room is spacious & has everything you need. Breakfast is lovely, we didn't need lunch!
We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank tassiem
Thank you dear friends for your lovely review that I particularly appreciate since I know you are demanding travelers. It was lovely to speak to you about your home country, Australia and I hope to be able to visit it one day. If you decide to come back to Bologna you will always be welcome in my B&B. Bologna is a lovely city with a great location. You can easily visit beautiful cities like Ravenna, Ferrara or Parma for the day and in 35 minutes by train you can go to Florence. Thanks again and I hope to see you again.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Roberta runs an excellent B&B and what you read here is entirely accurate. The breakfast is a learning experience and nothing is too much trouble for your hostess You must stay here if or when you visit Bologna.
Bologna is an interesting city to tour and so easy to get around. How civilised are the portico's and how much walking space. After dodging tourists in Rome, Florence etc it was so comfortable moving about in Bologna.Do check out the Plazza Maggiore,and the Basilica, The two towers and the basilica San Domenico, then there are the museums and those trattoia's. Bologna should be on many tourist itineraries. Thanks Roberta, I have tried the toast,ricotta,tapinade and tomatoes for my breakfast too!....Delicious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gunner do
Thank you "Gunner do" for you two reviews!!

It was a pleasure having you here and chatting with you. You have been two lovely guests, full of enthusiasm. It's true, Bologna deserves to be seen for its architectonic beauties and for its great cuisine. It is also the only city in the worlds were you can walk under kilometers of porticoes sheltered from the rain in the winter and the sun in the summer.
Thanks again!!
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Roberta's B&B Benelli is a delightful and enjoyable experience.Warm and generous hospitality with breakfast a culinary experience! Put this on your list if you plan to visit Bologna. The city of Bologna is a delightful experience too!, with covered walkways( Portico's) to explore the cities architectural heritage, the basilica and churches. We found walking and touring the city so easy after the packed tourist cities of Rome, Sienna and Florence. The food in Bologna appears to be a better quality than what we have experienced in the earlier tourist cities, and certainly the prices are more reasonable. Stay at the B&B Benelli in Bologna and treat yourself !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed August 26, 2012

If you read all of the reviews from April 2012-Aug 2, 2012, you will have an excellent idea of how wonderful this one-room B & B is.
My husband and I stayed at the B & B Benelli for 5 nights in late June 2012. It is now our favorite place to stay in Europe. The room and bathroom are well-thought out and comfortable. The bathroom has a nice large sink with a large shelf above it (plenty of space to put all of our toiletry items). Breakfast was as wonderful as described in the other reviews. Roberta was also as helpful and knowledgeable as described in the other reviews. What sets Roberta apart from all others is how thoughtful she is. For example, one day we left for an all-day tour and turned off the air-conditioning unit because we were trying to be considerate guests. It turned out to be over 100 degrees Fahrenheit that day. When we got back to the room, the air-conditioning unit was turned on and there was a large bottle of water keeping cold on top of it. It was so great to come back to a nice, cool room and that nice cold water. On the day we arrived, Roberta had an excellent bottle of wine and two wine glasses waiting for us in the room because my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary during our stay. FYI the weather was very hot in Bologna during our entire stay so we can vouch for how well the air-conditioning works. The Wi-Fi was excellent also.
We have stayed in Bologna twice before and liked both of the hotels at which we stayed, but this place is so much better (and less expensive on top of that!). When we come back to Italy and Bologna, probably in a few years, I am definitely e-mailing Roberta to find out her schedule before making any other plans.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you dear friends for your detailed and lovely comments.

You were great guests, Thanks for choosing to come back to Bologna for the second time to celebrate your anniversary and thanks for choosing my B&B. I truly hope to have you here again upon your next trip to Italy. You will always be welcome. Thanks again for your kindness!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our stay at B&B Benelli was a highlight of our Italy vacation! Roberta is a wonderful host, with a wealth of knowledge, enthusiasm, recommendations, maps, and even cookbooks to orient her guests to Bologna. Breakfast was an absolute delight, with delicious oven dried tomatoes, fresh ricotta, family olive oil, and homemade yoghurt. Cold cuts, bread, and ripe fruit were also made available. Yum! There was so much to choose from. I would highly recommend a stop in Bologna, and if you do, be sure to stay at B&B Benelli !!

Room Tip: There is only one room!