“Excellent food and wierd environment”
Review of Osteria Satyricon

Osteria Satyricon
Ranked #68 of 2,233 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Savena
Reviewed January 8, 2019

I went to Satyricon iva Tripadvisor, I was looking for a restaurant close to the house I just moved to, and that was in an area new for me.
Althought the place was packed and I hadn't booked, the staff was extremely kind and found me a table for dinner. The environment recalls old Fellini movies and the rooms are a bit too rough for my taste, but food and service were excellent, and there wasn't a single time I was served without a smile. Meatballs were great, and Crespelle with San Pietro fish and allmonds were a delight. Wine can be bought by the glass allowing to have different servings keeping the proper match. Deserves a detour if you are around.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Went to this osteria on Monday night, with a previous reservation. We were group of 5 and just wanted to sample and taste some of the dishes typical for Bologna. The food was great, but also the service. It seems the person who took care of us is very passionate about his job, so not only we got a good food, but also some educational moments of Italian classics. The place does not serve any soft drinks, only beers, vines and water, but no complaints whatsoever. Great place

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed January 29, 2018

To a tourist, the Italian dining scene is often a little traditional and while there are so many wonderful traditional restaurants in this fantastic country, it is really refreshing to come across a place that does things with its own identity. Visually, the place is quirky and cool so first impressions are really good. We were welcomed by one of the owners who took great care describing the menu to us and led a team that gave excellent and very friendly service. The food was delicious and you can see that they put a lot of thought into the menu and try hard to be a little individual while still making really tasty food. They also cover the 'crowd favourites' (tortellini, ragu etc) very well too. Excellent value too.
I definitely recommend a visit to this restaurant, you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank DavidMzz
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Visited here after a recommendation by our nearby AirBnB. First attempted to eat here on the Friday night, and told no tables until 10pm (although we wished we'd waited!) and then ate here on Saturday, after calling to make a booking.

I ate the tortellini brodo (pasta parcels in a delicious broth), and it was incredible. So simple yet so good. And only 9€! My fiancé had the special - passetelli with mushrooms, bacon & leeks. He liked it but mine was definitely the winner. Shared a , that was good too.

Dessert, I could've skipped, or instead stuck to the cheeses but these were fine.

Total for 4 people, including mains, dessert, wine & grappa was 75€...and 75€ well spent it was.

Tip: call ahead to ensure there's a table, and order the tortellini brodo

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank Splash808
Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

Lovely place in Bologna a bit outside of the most beaten tracks. We had great passatelli as first course, lamb and fish for main course. Delicious chocolate cake to close with. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: October 2016