“Only went because of apartment owners!!!”

La Praia Ristorante-Pizzeria
Ranked #413 of 1,997 Restaurants in Bologna
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Porto
Reviewed March 16, 2014

What an absolute let down for us. We arrived in Bologna and were greeted by our apartment owners and settled in. They were absolutely delightful people and when we asked for somewhere to eat this place was suggested – mind you it was a last resort and we only decided to go because it was close to where we were staying.

We went early as we are not into late nights. We were the first to arrive and although it was a week night there was no one there. That in itself did not give me great hope. We thought that because we were the only ones there that it would be a quick easy meal and so did not pick anything too fancy. For me being in Bologna I wanted to have a bolgnase and so chose the Tagliatelle Bologna and my husband who loves my Parmigiana decided on having a vege one Me lanzane.

The service was so slow that I thought that maybe the chef was not at work yet!! We ate the bread that was given to us and our drinks before there was any site of the food arriving. Some more people were arriving by then and there was no windows open or air conditioning on and it was very stuffy and I was very glad to get out of there. If you want to linger LONGER, then by all means go here. The food was not something to write about, for us it just filled a whole.

Perhaps it was the area we were staying in but there was not a lot of places to eat where we stayed but I would not recommend coming from any distance to go to this one. I am sure that elsewhere would be better or like we did – went to the supermarket and made our own parmigiana the next night and it was so much better!

1  Thank Keza_WA

Reviewed September 15, 2013

La Praia is everything that we wanted from a restaurant in Bologna - local patrons, friendly staff, classic Italian menu (with seafood!), reasonable prices and ultra, ULTRA delicious. I only regret not eating there more than twice in our 3 days in Bologna. I can get by speaking a little Italian, but the wait staff were so friendly and observant. The first time we went we ordered a pizza and 2 different seafood pasta dishes; when the pasta came the waiter had given us half of each per plate so we could try both, which was very much appreciated. We went again for lunch and had the "assagini di mare" ~ 2 cold plates and 2 warm plates of seafood for 2, 30 euro Amazing value and absolutely amazing taste, check out the pictures~ and a fried seafood platter. The restaurant closes at 3pm and we arrives just after 2, but never felt rushed or annoyance from the staff. When the restaurant closed and we were still only on dish 3, staff and family came and sat at the tables having a snack, yet we were still in privacy. The service was still at their high level even though they were technically closed. We were so impressed. Its pretty easy to find yourself in an expensive, tourist trap restaurant in Italy and we were so glad to experience something more legitimate. And delicious. Did I mention how good their food was? If you're in Bologna, you owe it to yourself to eat at La Praia.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Excellent food!! Warm hospitality from the family. No pretenses, only delicious menu items. Don't be afraid to inquire about menu items and be daring. We especially liked the pizza selections and carpaccio de pulpo!!!

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed August 23, 2012

After reading the reviews here we decided to stop at this place for Lunch on our way from Venice to San Marino. We came at about 1 pm, the restaurant was overcrowded with locals (that were a bit noisy;)). No English menu. The waiters had poor English skills. The food was ok, but not what we expected. No juices at all, only water (if you want something non-alcholic). We had a pizza, some salads and pasta. A nice place to visit if you want to see a place where the locals eat without the tourists:)

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed near La Praia while we were in Bologna, and ate there at least 5 times in two weeks, both lunch and dinner. The specialty is seafood for the most part, but the restaurant serves a number of authentic Bolognese dishes, and all to perfection. The wait staff are very friendly if not totally fluent in English, and extremely competent as well as helpful.
Our favorite dishes at La Praia were carpaccio di polpo (octopus), tortellini in brodo (broth), and pizza (many kinds to choose from), although everything we tried there was simply excellent.
The prices are very reasonable, too.
I highly recommend this great little, neighborhood restaurant.

1  Thank Jerell96