“A Foodies perfect day.”

Emilia Delizia Food Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Emilia Delizia wants to welcome you to Bologna and Parma with their incredible historic and food heritage, visitors will not be disappointed by Emilia Romagna with litterally hundreds of hidden treasures. Emilia Delizia is a company committed to introduce these treasures to the discerning visitors. Emilia Delizia organises private and group tours for those who want to discover how Parmesan cheese, traditional balsamic vinegar, Parma ham, culatello ham and Parma, Modena and Bologna's sparking wines. Emilia delizia also offers amateur cooking classes in Bologna such as fresh pasta making, meat and fish, bread, pizza, cakes and dessert, for who wants to discover this ancient tradition of good food. Patrons can also partecipate to wine tasting and food matching experience.
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Amazing, knowledgeable guide Monti was very well informed prosuitto, balsamic and Parmasen production even education my collegue and I who are chefs. Ths say was the highlight of our gastronomic journey throught Italy. Thankyou Monti

There are newer reviews for Emilia Delizia Food Tours

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I couldn’t possibly have left Italy without taking the famous Emilia Delizia tour. And I didn’t regret it at all! An excellent and well informed guide, delicious small meals with fresh and organic food and incredible wine. I enjoyed culatello and the red sparkling wine very much-they were so good together. It was a wonderful experience and a day I’ll never forget

Reviewed August 17, 2012

One of the things that we had really looked forward to in our trip to Italy was a food tour to see how the cheese, ham and vinegar so recognizable from the Emilia Romagna region was made. Emilia Delizia was an outstanding tour and the information that our guide Gabriele provided was outstanding. We left the day with a greater appreciation not only of the production methodologies but the history, standards, suggested uses and pairings, and regional pride that exists. The tastings along the way were excellent, including a delicious lunch up in the middle of the area where Parma hams have their origin. Set aside nearly one whole day of your trip to this tour -- you will not be sorry!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

What a fab day out! Gabrielle was really lovely and very well informed and he spoke excellent English! We were very lucky as it was just us but I can imagine it would be just as much fun in a small or large group! We would never have been able to see these places without Gabrielle as the places he took us were so remote and we felt like we were getting a really exclusive tour especially when the owner of the vineyard that matured the Balsamic vinegar was on hand for a chat and showed us his cars! Lunch was delicious!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

When I visited Italy, I was really interested in taking in the culture and experience of Italian food. When I found out that I could take a gourmet food tour, I was ecstatic! Emilia Delizia tours took us to a cheese dairy where we saw HUGE stacks of Parmesan cheese, and we got to see it being made from the very beginning. We also got to see how balsamic vinegar is made and tasted 24 year old vinegar! It's amazing how much aging makes a difference! Afterwards, we were treated to a delicious farmer-style brunch that included Parmesan cheese, the balsamic vinegar, and vegetables grown right there on the farm! The best part was that it was organic too. We finished the day by tasting their sparkling red wines, which certainly changed my opinion of sparkling wine.