“Fab day out!!”

Emilia Delizia Food Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Emilia Delizia wants to welcome you to Bologna and Parma with their incredible historic and food heritage, visitors will not be disappointed by Emilia Romagna with litterally hundreds of hidden treasures. Emilia Delizia is a company committed to introduce these treasures to the discerning visitors. Emilia Delizia organises private and group tours for those who want to discover how Parmesan cheese, traditional balsamic vinegar, Parma ham, culatello ham and Parma, Modena and Bologna's sparking wines. Emilia delizia also offers amateur cooking classes in Bologna such as fresh pasta making, meat and fish, bread, pizza, cakes and dessert, for who wants to discover this ancient tradition of good food. Patrons can also partecipate to wine tasting and food matching experience.
Reviewed August 17, 2012

What a fab day out! Gabrielle was really lovely and very well informed and he spoke excellent English! We were very lucky as it was just us but I can imagine it would be just as much fun in a small or large group! We would never have been able to see these places without Gabrielle as the places he took us were so remote and we felt like we were getting a really exclusive tour especially when the owner of the vineyard that matured the Balsamic vinegar was on hand for a chat and showed us his cars! Lunch was delicious!

All reviews
"great cheese"
"wine tasting"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2012

When I visited Italy, I was really interested in taking in the culture and experience of Italian food. When I found out that I could take a gourmet food tour, I was ecstatic! Emilia Delizia tours took us to a cheese dairy where we saw HUGE stacks of Parmesan cheese, and we got to see it being made from the very beginning. We also got to see how balsamic vinegar is made and tasted 24 year old vinegar! It's amazing how much aging makes a difference! Afterwards, we were treated to a delicious farmer-style brunch that included Parmesan cheese, the balsamic vinegar, and vegetables grown right there on the farm! The best part was that it was organic too. We finished the day by tasting their sparkling red wines, which certainly changed my opinion of sparkling wine.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I know Italy is known for the food rich with pasta, but I hadn't expected meals so delicious as those I tried with Emilia delizia gourmeet tour. We started with the Parmesan cheese dairy where you can see how the cheese is made, went on with balsamico tour and tasting, wine tour and tasting, to finish with a farmer's brunch. Organic food was so tasty I forgot about my weight and got my belly hurt (in a good way) from all the food I ate, oops.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had only one day to spend in Bologna and yet to decide where to go. But
I should give lots of thanks to Emilia Delizia for turning my day in to a
wonderful one. They took me a ‘One Day Tour’ to Gourmet Food. This tour
covered three unique food manufacturing industries which were ham, parmesan
and balsamic vinegar producers. This tour started early in the morning and
lasted till the afternoon. The guide spoke English very well and he was
very knowledgeable about the products we visited. So wake up early in the
morning and get ready for the most enjoyable and memorable tour!