“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Al Sangiovese

Al Sangiovese
Ranked #24 of 1,811 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santo Stefano
Montreal, Canada
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This restaurant has become a yearly tradition to meet with a few fellow exhibitors for dinner when the Cosmoprof Fair ends. The owners Antonella and her husband Rocco are very welcoming and go out of their way to offer menu suggestions. The atmosphere is very pleasant. The restaurant is located a short taxi ride from Bologna centre. A nice place to recommend.

• Visited March 2013
RoccoZoccoli, Proprietario at Al Sangiovese, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
thanks for coming back to Sangiovese and thanks for taking a review.
I'm glad with my staff we meet their expectations.
I hope therefore that we can review next year and in the meantime I send my most sincere greetings

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
“A lovely little restauant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a three course meal and each course was excellent. The wine was good and the proprietress had a great sense of humor.

Visited February 2013
thanks for coming back to Sangiovese and thanks for taking a review.
I'm glad with my staff we meet their expectations.
USA
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great food, excellent service, reasonable prices. I had the gramigna and lamb. Both were amazing! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Bologna.

• Visited March 2013
Thank you for taking a review. Hope to be revised as soon as possible and waiting cordial greetings
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful Food and Friendly Owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were warmly welcomed as we entered this restaurant by the owner, Antonella. She patiently let me practice my broken Italian with her which made our visit that much more fun. She was attentive to our menu choices and helped us choose something we would like. I did not feel rushed or pushed to order more than we could eat. We went back a second time as we enjoyed this restaurant the most while in Bologna. The chocolate mascarpone dessert Antonella made was absolutely delicious and the best we had there. You must enjoy the charm of this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank noreenz_77
Boulder, Colorado
“I'd Eat Here Every Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This tiny, out-of-the-way restaurant is an absolute delight! A small place (maybe 10-12 tables) and wonderful hosts, who clearly like to make people happy. The inside is charming and, I suspect, they serve more locals than tourists. But, it's the food that makes this place special. We (four of us) had a mixture of appetizers (all excellent), a delicious tortellini in brodo soup and four fresh and perfectly prepared main meals: steak in balsamic (excellent), scallopini with asparagus (superb), polpette and zucchini (delicious) and tagliatelle ragu (wonderful), plus a side of rosemary patata. The house Sangiovese was a perfect match for the food. The bill came to 150 Euro for the four of us, quite reasonable for one of the two or three best meals we've had in two trips to Italy. Oh yes, and we each got a big hug from Antonella - the co-owner of Al Sangiovese - when we left. It was like eating at a good friend's house. If you are in Bologna, you owe it to yourself to plan around a visit to Al Sangiovese. (I just noticed, I'm drooling while typing this.)

• Visited October 2012