“If in Bologna you need to eat here”
Review of Al Sangiovese

Al Sangiovese
Ranked #14 of 1,947 Restaurants in Bologna
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Stefano
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Excellent food and service. Everyone that we talked to who stayed at the B&B we were at, ate here and highly recommended it. They were all right on the money. The restaurant is run by Antonella and she makes everyone work well.

The servings have all been on the large side while in Bologna and the surrounding area. My wife and I have been sharing all the dishes we have had, so we can have 4 courses. Tonight we started with the vegetable pie with a cheese sauce. That was followed by risotto and fresh local porcini mushrooms. For the prime plate we had the meatballs with roasted potato. They were all excellent. For dessert we had the poached pare with chocolate sauce, it was okay. Some of the other desserts looked really good.

We had a Sangiovese wine from the owners family vineyard. It was very mellow and delicious.

RoccoZoccoli, Proprietario at Al Sangiovese, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thanks for taking a review.
Both my wife Antonella are really happy to have met your expectations.
I hope to have you again in my restaurant and make you feel new dishes
Sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,666)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel, Porta San Mamolo, as it is just a brief walk to the end of the street. We were NOT disappointed! It was a very cozy atmosphere and we were welcomed by the owners who were very attentive to us and helpful in our selections. The food was absolutely one of the best meals on our trip to Bologna! We all agreed that we would definitely eat here again when we hopefully return soon!!!!

Thanks for taking a review.
I'm really glad I did not disappoint your expectations and be considered one of the best restaurants in Bologna.
I hope to see you again soon

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our hotel down the street recommended this restaurant to us and we couldn't have been happier! We are people who really appreciate good food and good wine. Our first meal was so good we went back for two more! The service is just excellent!
The woman who waited on us was really fun, we had a lot of laughs. Definitely our favorite eating experience of our whole three week trip! (It's a small place, so you would be wise to make a reservation.)

I'm really happy to have had in my restaurant.
I think it is very important that the customer not only the quality of the food must be in a family environment. I hope to see you again as soon as possible and spend more evenings in joy, in the meantime, I offer you my most sincere greetings

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Cosy restaurant with wonderful food and nice service. We will definately be back if we return to Bologna!

RoccoZoccoli, Proprietario at Al Sangiovese, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thanks for taking a review and have come in my restaurant.
I hope to see you again as soon as possible

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We just wanted a quick lunch before doing some sightseeing, but were so impressed with the food and service we immediately booked for dinner, which was just as good. Prices very reasonable.

Thanks for taking a review and have come in my restaurant.
I hope to see you again as soon as possible