“Excellent local choice!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Stefano
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Roberto from Antica Residenza d'Azeglio recommended this place saying they have unsurpassed Mascarpone cheese dessert. I could not agree more with him. It was among the best desserts I ever had. Silky smooth, rich, sweetened just enough to appreciate this fresh and delicious dessert. Everything else we ordered was equally outstanding. We relied on our server (the owner of the restaurant) for suggestions. I especially remember my husband inhaling his tortellini before I managed to grab my camera (look for the pic with just one left in the bowl:)). I really liked the lamb dish and my pasta bolognese. Fun atmosphere, gracious hosts, memorable dinner. Excellent selection of wines. A must for all who seek typical Bolognese cuisine.

RoccoZoccoli, Proprietario at Al Sangiovese, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you for being in my restaurant and thank you for taking a review. I hope to see again soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant was advised to me by a friend from Bologna and I am so grateful to him for that! Excellent food, service, atmosphere, interior design and wine of their own prodution. Will not be' forgotten!

RoccoZoccoli, Proprietario at Al Sangiovese, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear friend, Thank you for coming to Sangiovese and have met their expectations.
While waiting to see her again I send the my most sincere greetings.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went here on the first night of our Honeymoon on the basis of the restaurant's high rating on TripAdvisor. I have to say that it did not disappoint. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the atmosphere cosy and informal and the food - largely traditional Bolognese cuisine - was very good; the standout dishes we had were the passatelli in brodo (soft, fresh pasta in a delicious meat broth) and the sformatino dello chef (my wife has informed me this was the best dessert of the entire honeymoon, which, given we spent three weeks touring Italy, says a lot!). The wine is reasonably priced too. We would definitely go back here.

1  Thank Gavin B
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The menu on this restaurent is great. I really liked the chicken with lemon, a summer dish. The wine, as expected, was great value for money. The hosts are very kind.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a very traditional Trattoria and the food is varied and outstanding. I had meatballs one day just for a change. Best sauce I have ever tasted. Prices very reasonable and service is excellent. But, you go here for the food. We tried several things and all were as good or better than any in all of Italy (our fifth trip).