“Good food - nice service ”

Ristorante Il Tari'
Ranked #104 of 2,235 Restaurants in Bologna
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saragozza
Reviewed June 20, 2019 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and enjoyed our pasta dishes. I had the seafood pasta. They were generous with the amount of seafood. Service was also good. A large tour group came in and somewhat spoiled the ambiance.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (366)

Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

We found this place two years ago and had a memorable evening sitting with the locals having dinner. It’s on a side street in a neighborhood not frequented by many tourists. I cannot speak to anything an the menu but the pizza, which is among the best I’ve had in Italy. All the pizzas are done by the pizza chef at the front of the restaurant in the wood fired pizza oven. Nice thin crust, burned just right in the right places, and delicious.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019

We were in Bologna two and a half years ago and discovered Il Tari then.
Recently returned whilst following the Mille Miglia car event. It was superb the first time and just as good on our return.
Absolutely authentic quality establishment, the best by far of several places we ate in Bologna on the two visits.
All good, excellent seafood for starters and mains, particularly seafood/pasta dishes.
Eat around the Piazza Maggiore for twice the price (or more) if you like, but Il Tari is the real deal.

Date of visit: May 2019
3  Thank realjoe90
Reviewed May 19, 2019

We were in this magnificent restaurant last week. If you are looking for typical and delicious Italian food for very reasonable price it is should be your first choice. You can expect very reach menu, excellent taste and fresh ingredients. I am client of this restaurant for more than 10 years and this place never disappointed me. The home vine is very good and at the end of your meal What is the secret value of this place? It is unforgettable and lovely service made by the owner. This lady is incredible and thanks to her efforts you will for sure remember this visit for the very long time. Il Tari is located very close from the Piazza Magiore (just 5 minutes).

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

Our worst meal in Bologna. The pasta was fine/average, but the salad was extremely basic and sparse for the price. Then things got worse. I ordered the steak cooked medium. It came out extremely rare. I sent it back and then it was overcooked so I had to accept it. Our server suggested potatoes with the steak. I would not have chosen this in Italy, but as a recommendation I went along with it. What I got was typical cheap french fries cooked badly for 5 euros. I didn't eat them, and complained about them, but they insisted on charging me anyway. They are clearly more interested in money than service. Every single other person in the restaurant (there weren't many) chose pizza, so I guess that is what they are known for.

Date of visit: December 2018