“Could do better....”

Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Bologna
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Okay, the positives - very clean room and quite smart. Plenty of hot water and comfortable bed. The negatives are a pretty disappointing breakfast, although the pastries were fresh and substantial, the coffee is not very good and the hot food and cold meats cheap and unappetising. The young restaurant staff are keen to clear the tables and it was occasionally a battle of wills to finish a coffee. The reception is almost nice but with some strange buffet tables and hanging rails, the overall effect is one of a bit of a mess that needs to be cleared up. Obviously, this hotel caters for a lot of conferences and visitors to the Fiera but a more inviting reception would show some of the positives about this hotel in a better light.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Daniele S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for spending some of your time reviewing our hotel. I am sorry that our breakfast had disappointed you. We have worked very hard to improve its quality and quantity. I am pretty confident about its quality, but I will surely look after it to be sure that nothing was missed lately.
Unfortunately I was not able to understand what was wrong with the reception.
Anyway I do hope that the overall impression was positive

There are newer reviews for Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Best hotel I stayed in during my business trip to Italy! Rooms are really good, modern, decorated with style and very clean. The bathroom are among of the best ones I have ever seen in a hotel. Breakfast was rich, had lots of variety and tasted really good.

The service is very good, polite and will help you anyway it can. When I was at the hotel there was a taxi strike in Bologna so one of the nice girls at the reception offered to take me to the airport in her private car - thank you so much, bellissima! I made it to the airport in time and am waiting for my flight by now.

Wish I could have stayed longer, but work is calling from home. Next time in Bologna -> Hotel Cosmopolitan

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Daniele S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
I was very pleased by reading your review. It makes all of us so happy to realize that you were satisfied about our hotel and its services. It's our main target and it is always a wonderfull feeling to achieve it.
Our accounting assistant who drove you to the airport asked me to thank you about the very kind words you had for her in your review.
I hope to see you back in Bologna soon and above all to have you as our guest again.
Have a great day
Regards

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Good location - the centre is served by a shuttle service. One thing that would have been nice would have been copies of maps of the city centre with the location of the shuttle bus marked on it as if you don't have a map it is easy to get lost. This happened to me once so I just found my way back to the train station eventually and took a taxi. Also if there is a bus service that goes around that area a timetable or it being mentioned in the hotel write up would be a good touch.
The room and amenities were good. I had a good nights sleep, the bed was comfortable and the reception staff were also great.
I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank madual
Daniele S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am happy to realize that your stay was overall very well appreciated.
I would like to thank you for the suggestion concerning our maps. I have found your tip of pointing the collection spot on the map very useful. I have already sent a modified map to our printer company to make a new version ready once we will run out of the old ones.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I chose this hotel because it has a shuttle service into the centre of Bologna and had good reviews. We were not diasappointed. We were on a tight schedule and are pleased with the choice we made. An excellent and helpful reception, an excellent room and shower room (double shower!!), delightful staff in the dining room for the evening meal, good food, good breakfast buffet and the shuttle worked well. There was secure underground parking AND THEN ....... our car battery had gone flat and we were just contemplating what to do when a member of staff passed us, went and got some fantastic little gizmo that charged the battery within about 1 minute and off we went. Very happy customers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Judith,
thank you very much for the enthusiastic review. Getting our guests satisfaction is definetely our main goal, as well as the most motivating aspect of our job.
I was told just a few weeks ago about some help given to customers who had problems with a car failed on the street. Now I know it was you. I guess this goes beyound our job. It is the simple being helpfull to someone who is in trouble.
I truly hope you will be coming by in Bologna again, staying at the Cosmopolitan
Have a wonderfull day.
Regards

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very good business hotel close to the fairgounds, friendly staff and good water pressure, always nice and hot. Good value for the money. I would stay there again.
Large shopping center with just about anything you could need right near by.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
I am really happy to realize that your experience at the Cosmopolitan was as good as you expected.
We are really close to the exhibition center and very suitable for attendees of the many trades taking place in Bologna.
As most of the shows are yearly I do hope you might be attending again and why not staying at the Cosmopolitan a second time.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

the location maybe surprising but the hotel is nice welcoming and in good condition, 4 years old but looks good and clean.
the reception warm and bright, the staff enough so you don't have so much wait for the check in
the rooms where well equipped and clean. the wifi is free and of very good quality.
shower was just perfect, power and hot

the little minus, having a kettle is nice but to have to find the plug by the curtains away from table not practicals, the other little thing would be pillow very soft.

the strange, music in the corridor until 23.00, make sure the room door not near a speaker.

Room Tip: 4th floor, some part may give you a view on the cash and curry opposite so view may not be so good a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Daniele S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am very happy to read that your stay has gone well and did not dissappoint your expectations.
I have read about the plug behind the curtains. Actually in all our rooms plugs are positioned close to the desk and also behind the curtains. I am sorry that you have not seen the one underneath the desk.
Concerning the pillow we are thinking about providing 2 different type. One softer and one regular. This thinking grew up in the recent times after reading a few notes like yours.
I hope to see you back to the Cosmopolitan if you should come to Bologna in the future

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for the New Year's Celebrations (for 5 nights). The main thing that is (let me say it as) negative is that it's about 20 minutes away from the centre of Bologna by car but thankfully for those who does not rent a car, the hotel have a free shuttle service to the centre which is something very good if you want to go for shopping. Near the hotel also, there's some factory outlets shops which you can go by walk if you want to go for some more shopping.
For the price that we paid 114Euros for a 5 night, it was very good and it was during the festive seasons. The breakfast was litteraly abundant and have a wide variety from cerial to fruit, to cakes and crossants, eggs, bacon mushrooms sausages... you can have a whole day filled if you fuel yourself. Even the rooms they are nice and clean and you have free wifi and a kettle with free coffee and tea in the room. The only thing that i was dissappointig was the fact that in the room there was no long mirror. only the one in the bathroom and on the desk but all the hotel is very clean and modern.The last day, we had to travel back at night and they also offered us to take care of our bagages during the whole day so we spent the last day around the centre of bologna and then before heading to the airport we went to the hotel to pick up our baggages. To be recomanded

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Daniele S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
I remember your little group coming from Malta. Thank you very much for the very positive feedback posted on tripadvisor.
I agree with you about the fact that a long mirror would be a great improvement , but unfortunately we are not planning at the moment to place it in our rooms. It is in the list of things we would like to do, but we have some major improvements planned for this year.
I am really glad to read that your stay was good and that you enjoyed to spend your days in Bologna at the Cosmopolitan.
Many wishes from me and the entire staff for a wonderfull 2013