“BEST RESTAURANTE IN BOLONHA”

Ristorante Garganelli
Ranked #31 of 1,869 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A typical Bolognaise cuisine restaurant with some fish dishes in the summer time beautiful terrace where you will eat in front the fountains.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Good food at a good price, pasta until 8€ , good wine and dessert , romantic. recommended , good surprise in Bolonha

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had a group of 5 for a business dinner. Service, food, and atmosphere were all excellent. It is a hidden gem for the area when you do not want to taxi to old town.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Visit this restaurant again.... as always their food, wine and service are very good. I was inviting some clients after fierra so this is one of the best close to fierra. Also lots of parking space so its very convinient.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

It was a wonderful eating here, friendly knowledgable staff and excellent food and service! 5 star! Made our night after a disappointing start to our holiday in city centre. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I ate here for a business dinner after a meeting and it all seemed to go well in the beginning. There was water and bread on the table and they brought out some hot breads for us to enjoy. But after we ordered our meals, the quality and friendliness of the service declined rapidly. I was brought my dish a full 10 minutes before my dining mates had their first courses. I wanted to wait for everyone else to be served before eating, so my pasta sat in front of me getting cold while we waited. There was not quite a snafu with the main dishes, but that might be because only a few people ordered mains.

The real kicker of this place was when I tried to get my check. I wanted to head out early, so I asked to pay my share of the bill. We had to ask at least four different people and it took over one hour for them to get my bill. One hour. All while we were watching them set the tables for tomorrow's lunch service. One of the servers also became snappy when we clarified that they would bring the check. This was really unacceptable.

I would not eat here again, and I would not recommend this place. The food was only average at best. I have had much better food in Italy and the service was the slowest and most inefficient I have ever encountered. If you are staying at the hotel and have no choice, then allot at least four to five hours for dinner. And be sure to bring your patience, because you really need it with the current service staff. But otherwise, I would really steer clear of this place.

2  Thank expateurotraveler