“A must visit”

Ristorante Garganelli
Ranked #32 of 1,925 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A typical Bolognaise cuisine restaurant with some fish dishes in the summer time beautiful terrace where you will eat in front the fountains.
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been very disappointed in Bologna's restaurants. After 3 days of rubbish eating, we visited the Garganelli Restaurant. What a relief! Great food, great wines, great desserts. The stuff is so welcoming and polite and the setting is lovely. If you are in Bologna I suggest you eat there everyday!

1  Thank Constantina-Mar
Write a ReviewReviews (1,564)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hubby and I ate here while we were staying at hotel Savoia regency,
WOW, the food was amazing, full of flavour and beautifully presented. We both had a starter, main course and I had a cheese platter. Bottle of wine which came to a total of €85. Worth every penny. If I were to return to bologna and not stay at the hotel I would still travel to eat here and I would most certainly recommend eating here.
The service was second to none, staff were impeccable. Thank you

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Ristorante garganelli - where to start? Right from the minute we walked in we were made to feel special. Mrs W had eggplant cordon bleu to start; I had home-made potatoes tortellaci and pecorino cheese. Honestly; the best thing I haVe ever tasted; simple but superb. I could've walked out after that and been the happiest man in Bologna. For mains, we both had pork fillet wrapped in Parma ham with aubergine purée. Strong flavour, but what a taste! All in all, probably the best meal ever, with beautiful food, wine and service that can't be bettered. What more could you ask for?

2  Thank Doddawidd69
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The restaurant is tucked away near Fiera Bologna in Hotel Savoia Regency, which is a resort club house kind of place away from the Bologna city centre. Ambiance was great - the place had a serene feel to it (before the dinner crowd came in).

The dining experience was excellent, from the service from the waiters, who spoke very good English, to the quality of the food. We ordered seafood linguine in a copper pan, veal steak with potatoes, and a trio of infused pear, warm chocolate muffin and latte ice cream.

In short: Food was good. Service was impeccable. Justified to be top rated in TripAdvisor.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I enjoyed a delicious meal here with colleagues, served with good humour albeit in a timescale we British can find frustratingly long, but in fitting with the context of the area and culture.

All of my tablemates remarked (positively) on the quality and taste of their food. It was really good Italian food done really well.