“Delicious English style food outside of the UK”
Review of Il Pavaglione

Il Pavaglione
Ranked #361 of 1,885 Restaurants in Bologna
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2012

As I am not very well versed in Italian food, and no great lover of cooked cheese, I went for dishes I could understand on the 2 nights I dined there. One was the chefs dish of cod, which I ordered with French Fries, which the English call 'chips' (not same as US chips). This is what we Brits call 'fish and chips' and I have to say that what arrived was equal to the best of British and better than most. Superb. The other night I went for pork chop, a favourite of mine. I didn't know you could get chops that big! Superbly cooked, I shall go straight there again for a meal next time I am in Bologna.
Not sure what the connection with the Amadeus hotel next door is, but you can bill your meal on to your room number.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just flew into Bologna late and night and we checked into our hotel next door "Amedeus" and decided to get something to eat. We went next door to this restaurant thinking it was typical hotel food, but were we VERY suprised. Had the pizza (great) tortelleni con brodo (homemade and delicious and some fresh spinich with butter. Oh yes a bottle of wine.
All was excellent and sitting in the upstairs pation on a pleasant warm summer night was great.
We did go there one more time on our stay and we asked the waiter (owner) for a salad, but we really did not know whant kind we wanted. He asked "well tell me what you want in it and I will make it to order for you".
We would have gone there more often, but we did want to try other restaurants during our stay.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

The menu has quite a bit of variety, and some unexpected dishes as well. I ate here while staying at the Amadeus Hotel next door and it was above my expectations. I had Norwegian smoked salmon and a plate of grilled veggies. The veggies were a bit cold and oily but the salmon was good and well presented. The house wine was good and the staff were prompt and courteous.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

We only went here because the restaurant next to our hotel was closed for the holidays. We enjoyed it so much that we went there two nights in a row. Our hotel staff had said it was just okay so we didnt have very high expectations. The food was devine. A huge selection to choose from. The owner tried really hard to speak English to us whilst I had my translator and also tried hard to speak some Italian. The staff made us feel so welcome and special. The owner recommended a pasta to me with porchini mushrooms and it really is the best, most delicious pasta I have ever tasted. The restaurant is attached to a hotel and doesnt look all that much from the street but dont pass it by. Excellent, excellent, excellent.

2  Thank Piglethead
Reviewed September 25, 2011

il Pavaglione is a charming restaurant offering both inside dining and an understated elegant, open air rooftop area. The service was exceptional with great recommendations for sharing and variety. The peppercorn beef filetto was incredibly tender, probably the best we have had in Europe with over 30 years of experience. Highly recommended and worth many return visits.

2  Thank Patricia W