“Taste of Italy comes to the U.S.!”
Review of Taste of Italy

Taste of Italy
More attraction details
Owner description: Italian cooking lessons in an Italian home! We are happy to teach you how to prepare authentic Italian dishes and although we are friendly, we are also quite serious about teaching you the right way to make these dishes and ensuring that you will be able to replicate these back home. Your success back home is our objective. We are professional and experienced but not stuffy or arrogant. Our specialty is pasta making, the old fashioned way; the way the Italian grandma's still make it (with a wooden rolling pin and board)! You will make several pasta shapes and sauces and won't miss anything! We also teach how to cook with local specialties like Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, Bologna Mortadella and Prosciutto from Parma. We cook with fresh seasonal produce, meats, and seafood. Lessons are personalized and held in small groups (1-3, up to 6 if related or close friends) to assure plenty of one-on-one attention. Our hands-on cooking lessons are held in a home setting. No surcharge for single participants or private lessons. Discounts for children. Lessons available in English, Spanish or Italian.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Southborough, Massachusetts
“Taste of Italy comes to the U.S.!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Maribel's cooking tour of the US brought her to my home for a class with 13 of my friends. Each dish was amazing and was one of the tastiest meals I have had. It will be hard to go out for Italian in the North End of Boston after being spoiled with her cooking! We enjoyed six amazing dishes. Her choice of fresh and high quality ingredients made each dish stand out in quality and taste.
I look forward to visiting you in Bologna for another lesson!

Visited May 2013

Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Taste of Italy cooking class - fantastic”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My friends gave me 5 classes with Maribel for my birthday present. Just finished two classes and they were fantastic! She is very relaxed and you really enjoy yourself while learning. The market tour is a must! You learn both there and in her kitchen how balsamic vinegar is aged and then get to taste the different kinds and years of aging. Same with parmigiana cheese. Risotto and pasta making Becomes perfectly doable for novices like me. She has constant tips on how not to waste food or how to better prep things and time things so that you are not in a frenzy when guests arrive and so you can enjoy the meal with them! That's been my biggest problem before! Needless to say everything is delicious and made uncomplicated! She is also very flexible to personal wishes or things you can't eat or don't like. Highly recommended whether you make it as part of your sightseeing visit of Bologna (and you get to eat what you made with wine for lunch) or as part of learning to cook the Italian way while living in Italy! Bologna is a fascinating city anyway to visit! Read Grishom's the Broker if guide books don't perk you up!

Visited April 2013
Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
“Taste of Italy- fun and inspiring!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was impressed by Maribels knowledge in regards to the details of the aceto, the balsamico, the sweets, the pastas,vegetables as well as the cheeses. Where to go, what to buy reasonably in the market etc.
I enjoyed the market tour with her a whole lot. I think it is a "must" to better understand what one gets before you go cooking! Maribel is not only a good teacher but also very personable and easy going.
We had great fun. I enjoyed learning new techniqes from her that I had no idea about....
You need to find out for yourself! I vote for "excellent!"
Parry B. Bologna

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Taste of Italy in Bologna”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I spent a lovely half day with Maribel, firstly shopping for locally sourced produce in Bologna's historic central market area, and then returning to Maribel's apartment to cook and eat a delicious four course lunch together.

We both had a wonderful time and even the weather was lovely....

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ChristianPoulton
New York City, New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“BEST Day of our Trip to Italy”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Spending the day shopping in Bologna's markets and making pasta with Maribel Agulio of Taste of Italy is a fantastic way to experience the culture and flavors of Italy. I included a stop in Bologna in our week in Italy because it is known as the food center of Italy and thought it would be a great place to learn how to make pasta. I am SO glad to have had that instinct and to have selected Taste of Italy for the lesson. Maribel is a terrific teacher and is great fun to spend the day with. She also knows all the shop keepers, so we got "an insiders" tour of the food shops. She got my teenage daughter (who is not very involved in cooking at home) totally involved in making the pasta and bragging about her technique which was, in fairness, better than mine. This was the day from our trip that I know we will both remember vividly for a long time

Visited March 2013