“Super experience”

Ristorante da Nello
Ranked #60 of 1,846 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1948 Da Nello Restaurant means "good food in Bologna"
“Super experience”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I'd booked one night before because it is always full with italians and tourists. Told them we d'ont eat porc. When we came to rextaurant, all information had been given and we received many suggestions. Tortelloni all ricotta with mushroom sauce, fried zucchini blossoms and veal were perfect. Even charlotte as desert was delicious. Prices are a liitle bit expensive but it is worth on it. Server name Stepano was very kind and professional. We have tried many restaurants in one week, i can say this was the best.

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New England
“Superb restaurant and staff”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was my favorite restaurant during five days in Bologna. I got in right around noon (early for Italy) and the staff was great. The menu was also to my liking. I realize Bologna has a great reputation for gastronomy, but since fish and meat are my favorite foods (definitely not pasta) it was a challenge for me. Da Nello met the challenge.

I had a delicious salmone affumicato to start, followed by what I always (when possible) choose to see if a restaurant is really good as well as to enjoy it -- sole meunière, or sogliola. It was superb. They deboned it for me, though I'm good at it, and when I actually had a bone or two which I tried to discreetly remove, I heard the maitre d' chastise one of the waiters for not removing all of the fish bones. No big deal -- it was cooked perfectly.

Then I had a panna cotta with raspberry sauce for dessert. Everything was superb.

• Visited November 2012
mchinoy
“Where the locals go”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great food, place is very popular and reasonable prices. We went there with business colleagues and had several courses. The wine list and dessert list is great too.

• Visited November 2012
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked a table at da Nello on our last evening in Bologna and decided to push the boat out, having three courses and wine. We ordered mushroom soup to start with which was absolutely fantastic. For my second course I ordered the cotoletta (veal with truffles and a cheesy topping) and pureed potatoes while my husband had a selection of grilled fish and langoustines with a mixed salad. Both dishes were to die for. Finally for dessert I had a beautiful creamy pannacotta with a mixed berry puree and my husband decided to try the rice cake with amaretto. We followed our waiter's suggestion of having a half bottle of wine each, one Prosecco and one Lambrusco both of which were lovely. The service was excellent, the atmosphere great and the food superb. Not the cheapest meal we had had in Bologna but certainly one of the best.

Visited November 2012
Keaau, Hawaii
“Wonderful Service, Food Almost Perfect”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel as well as TripAdvisor and we really enjoyed our dinner. We had a reservation and on arrival asked for an outdoor table. They have a small patio that faces a little side street that was very pleasant. During the meal some musicians strolled by playing 'Oh sole mio' and that was charming. My husband ordered the eggplant Parmesan and the eggplant was very tender and would have rated an "excellent" if it just had more sauce. My dish was the smoke salmon pasta and it was wonderful, generous amount of salmon, great flavor, not too smoky or too salty. It would also have rated "excellent" if it were not for the bones. The house red and white were good and went well with the dishes. The waiter (I wish I had his name) was so charming and gave my husband some excellent information on grappa. If we had not agreed to eat each meal at a different restaurant we would have returned here.

• Visited May 2012