“Fantastic food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of I Carracci Ristorante

I Carracci Ristorante
Ranked #27 of 1,789 Restaurants in Bologna
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Porto
Description: The Hotel is also known for its venues, the most elegant of the city destinations of taste, where you can taste the typical dishes of the Emilia-Romagna cuisine in an atmosphere unparalleled in contact with the masterpieces of Italian art.Our area restaurants, is divided into three different spaces at the same time complementary to each other. The Hotel is also known for very exclusive culinary locations, where even the most demanding palates pauses to "contemplate" as well as to enjoy!"Everything starts with a drink at the retro atmosphere of the now famous Cafè Marinetti, a relaxing aperitif where the notes of the piano accompany heady bubbles.You could continue with a Gourmet experience in the prestigious" I Carracci restaurant " one of the most elegant in the city for its warm and intimate atmosphere, housed in a magnificent hall of the '500, whose ceiling is entirely dedicated to the wonderful frescoes of the school of the Carracci brothers, or in the original “Morandi wine cellar " a five-star luxury wine cellar to test the new menu created specifically to enhance the traditions of the cuisine. All places strictly open to the public for lunch and dinner.
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed in hotel in August 2013 so was very quiet in restaurant.Staff great.Food better than expected.Would have been so much nicer if there had have been a bit more atmosphere but we just had picked a holiday weekend I guess.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Superb food in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

This restaurant was expensive but worth it.The room was beautiful and had a fescoed ceiling.The food was excellent served by friendly,attentive staff.

Visited October 2013
Tiberio B, Direttore at I Carracci Ristorante, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your preference in choosing the restaurant “I Carracci” during your last visit to Bologna and many thanks also for your time spent sharing your personal opinions on Tripadvisor community.

We are very glad you have appreciated the fantastic combination of fine and tasteful food, personalized and tailor-made service, and elegant and exclusive ambience that we are proud to offer every day to all our Guests.

Chef Galeazzi and the complete staff of restaurant “I Carracci” would be very honored to serve you again in the near future here at our property.

Kindest regards

Australia
“Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at this restaurant. What made it special was not the food, which was mostly very good rather than excellent, but the service.

The waiters were all very welcoming, only too happy to explain any aspect of the meal, wine, water choices, building history etc, and also consistently gave a strong impression that they all very much enjoyed their work.

We went for the degustation menus. I had the traditional one which reflected Bologna cuisine and my wife the seafood one. The quantities were substantial, and in fact my wife was unable to finish her dishes. She found the fish ravioli particularly good. My lasagne likewise was excellent and nothing like what one normally finds ordering this dish

Also notable were the little complementary dishes between courses.

Visited November 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for the beautiful feedback concerning your last experience at our restaurant “I Carracci”.

We are so glad that you have completely enjoyed your last dinner and that both degustation menus you have tasted were totally of your liking.

Moreover we were proud that our staff have served you in a perfect and comfortable way just to make you feel at home and to build you an authentic and memorable 5 star gastronomical experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at our restaurant “I Carracci” we give you our best regards

Limoges, France
“Go for the frescoes not for the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The service and setting for this restaurant are faultless but the food was mediocre given I Carracci's fine dining status. There were bursts of brilliance - the lightly char-grilled brioche, the thin lattice of roast potatoes, the strawberry sorbet. But these were not enough to merit the elevated prices - most main meat/fish courses were €30 or just under.

The wine list is extensive and it is possible to choose a reasonably priced bottle - not always the case in a five star hotel. The Prosecco was wonderfully crisp and definitely the best we had during our stay in Bologna.

Dining at I Carracci is a lovely experience especially for a special occasion as the staff are attentive and the frescoes captivating. But the food did not meet our expectations.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank happyhens_11
Tiberio B, Direttore at I Carracci Ristorante, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing the restaurant “I Carracci” during your last stay in the city of Bologna.

We are all glad you have enjoyed the special and unique atmosphere of our frescoed restaurant and that you have appreciated also the courtesy and the kindness of our staff.

However we regret to read that our gastronomical proposals have not completely met you expectations.
We sincerely want to apologize you for not having satisfied all your tastes.

All comments and reviews of our guests represent a precious source for our daily improvement.

Just for this important reason, for the next time we sincerely invite you not to hesitate to contact our restaurant staff to ask for any needs or necessities.

We would be more than happy to hear directly from you and to promptly satisfy all your request.

We hope to have the possibility to serve you again at our restaurant “I Carracci” just to demonstrate you all our 5 star luxury value.

Kindest regards

Tiberio biondi
UK
“Splendid food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Fabulous room, worth seeing.
Food is excellent and the 4-course selections are good value considering the quality and surroundings. Quail starter great, gnocchi v. good, veal great, ice cream good and my wife loved the amberjack fish. Recommended wine was excellent.
It's the service that gives it 4 stars rather than 5 which is odd because I was told before how good it was. The waiters struggled on a fairly busy Sunday night. I had to ask to order or even get a drink. One of the waiters really struggled though (shame as the others are v good), bringing the wrong wine and not knowing which ones were offered by the glass. Was later given the wrong glass. 20 second gap between courses...I was still chewing gnocchi when my veal turned up!
I would recommed it and go back..I'm sure the service issue was a blip.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank clive1965
Dear Clive,

thank you very much for choosing the restaurant “I Carracci” during your last stay here in Bologna and many thanks also for your time spent reviewing your recent dinner here on our Tripadvisor webpage.

We are glad you have enjoyed all our gastronomical proposals and the courtesy of our staff that everyday wants to built just for all our special and precious guests an authentic 5 star luxury tasting experience.

Unlikely, as you have already said, it is possible that during a very crowded evening like your recent dinner, the service would slightly decelerate. We would sincerely apologize you for this service delay and for the mistake concerning the wine glasses; we want to ensure you that it has been only a unusual error made by one of our newest waiter.

We hope that this little inconvenient have not spoiled your satisfying dinner and we renovate you our personal apologies.

We really look forward to welcoming you again at our restaurant “I Carracci” just to demonstrate you all the value of our 5 star luxury service unique in town.

Best regards