“Wonderful food in a beautiful setting”

I Carracci Ristorante
Reserve with
I Carracci Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,997 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Porto
Description: The Hotel is also known for its venues, the most elegant of the city destinations of taste, where you can taste the typical dishes of the Emilia-Romagna cuisine in an atmosphere unparalleled in contact with the masterpieces of Italian art.Our area restaurants, is divided into three different spaces at the same time complementary to each other. The Hotel is also known for very exclusive culinary locations, where even the most demanding palates pauses to "contemplate" as well as to enjoy!"Everything starts with a drink at the retro atmosphere of the now famous Cafè Marinetti, a relaxing aperitif where the notes of the piano accompany heady bubbles.You could continue with a Gourmet experience in the prestigious" I Carracci restaurant " one of the most elegant in the city for its warm and intimate atmosphere, housed in a magnificent hall of the '500, whose ceiling is entirely dedicated to the wonderful frescoes of the school of the Carracci brothers, or in the original “Morandi wine cellar " a five-star luxury wine cellar to test the new menu created specifically to enhance the traditions of the cuisine. All places strictly open to the public for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My partner and I had dinner here last week during ur visit to Bologna. We were looking for a taste of typical Bolognese fodd, it being the gastronomic capital of Northern Italy, and we found a perfect meal here. The restaurant belongs to the Baglioni hotel, and there were a fair number of business travellers eating and meeting in the restaurant, but also some locals - and we were all given excellent service throughout. We had no reservation, but were immediately shown to a table - the menu, while a la carte, offered some thoughtful suggested compositions, based around fish, meat, traditional etc. My partner chose traditional - melt in your mouth air dried ham with butter, spaghetti a ragu, grilled veal and a delicious coffee custard confection. I had seafood and then guinea fowl. All absolutely delicious, with delicate flavours and perfect combinations of tastes. The pate de foie gras amuses bouches were very welcome, the fresh bread was yummy, and we were each given a little pannacotta pre-dessert - so glad I didn't order pudding! With a decent bottle of Italian red, and a tip, the bill was £100. Not bad when you consider that last night's standard steak dinner with wine and puds in my local brasserie, served by a friendly but pretty clumsy gap year student, came to the best part of £80. I looked back very fondly at the quet, perfect service of delicious, beautifuly presented course after course that I Carracci gave us.

1  Thank Beansbell
Tiberio B, Direttore at I Carracci Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your preference in choosing the restaurant I Carracci during your visit to Bologna.
We are so glad to read that the dinner was a memorable one and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Looking forward to serve you again another unforgettable dinner!

Kind regards,

Tiberio Biondi
Grand Hotel Majestic già Baglioni

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I enjoyed an excellent meal at I Carracci this weekend. The food and service were both terrific, and the wine selection is outstanding as well. If you want authentic Bolognese food in an elegant setting, I highly recommend I Carracci!

Tiberio B, Direttore at I Carracci Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your preference in choosing the restaurant I Carracci during your visit to Bologna and many thanks for this kind review!!
We are happy to read that the dinner was excellent and that you enjoyed the service and the location.
We really hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Looking forward to serve you again another unforgettable dinner!

Kind regards

Tiberio Biondi
Grand Hotel Majestic già Baglioni

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Eating here is like being in a time warp. It was like being transported back to the pretentiousness and quality of the 1950s and 1960s. The chef is like a rat who has reached the bottom of the barrel but keeps on digging. 2012 finesse this not. I rate it 2/5 only because of the service but even so, some people might consider that too much.

The decoration in the public rooms in the hotel and in the dining room is beautiful - even sumptuous. The Carracci painting on the ceiling is like the restaurant - rather faded.
The service is punctilious almost to a fault. Drinks before dinner were excellent - a cocktail and a classic Martini.
The amuse bouche did not amuse - cold bits on bread, a cold white tasteless froth are just examples.
The wine list requires very serious attention. Plenty choice over E100 a bottle and a few under E50.
The menu reads well but the food is best described as variable. I had the "Traditional Menu" most of which had been prepared days in advance, had the consistency of various kinds of cardboard and tasted exclusively of salt. Fresh ingredients, flair and attention to detail were sadly non existent. My wife ate from the carte with slightly better results. Her prawns were very "flavourful", but again the meat was so salted as to be almost inedible. The bottle of water we ordered was emptied with gusto.
The fact that there were only 6 diners on a Friday night gives a very strong indication that the locals do not consider it worthy of their attention. It was a very expensive mistake we made.

The management need to look seriously at viability of the restaurant and get someone in who can reinvent the place. As it is, it is poor to dreadful.

5  Thank ChooksonTour
Tiberio B, Direttore at I Carracci Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Chookson Tour,
Referring to your dinner in “I Carracci”, first of all we would like to thank you for having chosen our restaurant and furthermore we wish to express our sincere apologies for the inconveniences happened during your dinner, but if you don’t mind we would like also to point out our disappointment for some of your strong words used by your “erudite dictionary”!
For example when you say: “various kinds of cardboard and taste exclusively of salt”, “prepared days in advance”, why did you not send back all your foods?
Moreover why did you not mention any disappointment to our restaurant manager? Furthermore Why did you eat everything tastefully, “brushing the white plate”? As referred by our restaurant manager, who asked you also if everything was ok during your dinner!!

Besides when you say that also the ceiling of our restaurant, with one of the most important and authentic frescoes from the Renaissance period, dated back 15 Century, is: “rather faded”, I don’t know what to think about your words!?!

In any case we appreciated very much that you liked our cocktails, the menu of your wife and our service.

Our aim is to provide you with all the best and to give you all the assistance required in order to enjoy your dinner as much as possible. For this reason it is important for us to know if something could be served better.

Considering the inconvenience caused we will be delighted if you could give us another possibility, in order to have the opportunity to verify that the provided service correspond to the 5 star deluxe standard.
Looking forward to welcoming you and your wife personally at “I Carracci” in Bologna, offering you a very, very special dinner I remain at your complete disposal,
Best regards
Michele Piazzolla
Deputy Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I are here in Bologna, the culinary capitol of Italy, and are staying at the Grand Hotel Majestic Gia Baglioni. Last night, we had the opportunity to dine in the hotel's restaurant, I Carracci, and I'm happy to say that we had a delightful time there. The food was absolutely delicious, especially the traditional Bolognese favorites that we sampled. The wines that the restaurant chose for us were fantastic, and the service was incredibly friendly, efficient and attentive. In addition, the elegance and sophistication of the restaurant was something that we will remember for the rest of our lives. We would highly recommend I Carracci to anyone who, while traveling through Bologna, would like to enjoy an exceptional culinary experience!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a beautiful room with frescoes on the ceiling. The quality of the food meets the highest Bolognese standards. The chef offers wonderful modern dishes, with fresh in season local ingredients, as well as a selection of traditional Bolognese dishes. The wine selection is also first reade, and the service is excellent. Definitely worth a visit,