“Sophistication and intimacy”

Antica Osteria Romagnola
Reserve with
Antica Osteria Romagnola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #339 of 1,846 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Stefano
London, United Kingdom
“Sophistication and intimacy”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is just a heavenly place to eat. Okay, so there is no menu, the charming owner reels off the amazing array of dishes of the day. All of which you immediately want to eat. And having made the lost impossible choice you are served with an anti pasta that is presented beautifully . Some sweet onions, ricotta, mortadella and many other tasty morsels.
The food is of an exceptional standard. The setting' old school' and very intimate.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ellie R

• Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
“Typical Bologna appeal & approach”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Selection of seasonal produce done in a typical style is demanded by the very local clientele.
Service was attentive and at time a little intrusive; but hey, it's Italy and sometimes you are privileged to be served...Very good but expensive compared to others that are close by and unfortunately...better.

• Visited December 2012
Zug, Switzerland
“What a fantastic place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food is fantastic and really plentyfull!!! we had a gourmet meal with a big appetizer made of mozzarella di buffala, mortadella, olives, tomatoes, cheese, various homemade breads etc......(it would have been enough as a meal if we had eaten it all but paced ourselves!!!!). The actual starter and main courses were original and really amazing. It has to be said that there is no menu, and no price when you come, the waiter (probably the owner) who speaks English, tells you verbally the menu and you choose "blindly", hoping for the best...and believe me the best did come for us...my expended waistline is my witness...we shared a desert (I don't know where we found the space left in our stomac) and a coffee with digestive for my partner and when the bill came, we simply could not believe our eyes, given the quality of the food we just had. Euro 115, this included a bottle of decent dry Lambrusco that cost only euro 15. All in all, it must be one of the cheapest meal I have ever eaten for that level of quality. yummy!!!!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank vap09
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fantastic local osteria”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The chances of finding this without a recommendation are almost zero - but it is well worth seeking out. We loved the local feel, the verbal menu, the smooth Sangiovese and the outstanding quality of the food. Our main courses were turbot braised with vegetables and beautifully soft beef in red wine sauce. We were lucky to be recommended.

Thousand Oaks, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meal of a lifetime”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I went to this wonderful little gem on the recommendation of our hotel. I requested a place where locals would eat so that we could enjoy a typical Bolognese meal. I was not disappointed. I was served a magnificent tortolloni with shaved white truffles and a spectacular roast suckling pig. My husband has a pasta dish and rabbit, which he also enjoyed, but my choice was definitely better. The meal was so good, we returned the next day for dinner as well. The owner, Antonio is a delightful gentleman. As far as service, one must remember that we are in Italy, not in the world of fast food. Dinner is meant to be a relaxing occasion at the the Antica Osteria Romagnola it definitely was!

• Visited October 2012