“What a fantastic place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Antica Osteria Romagnola
Reserve with
Antica Osteria Romagnola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #375 of 1,925 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Stefano
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food is fantastic and really plentyfull!!! we had a gourmet meal with a big appetizer made of mozzarella di buffala, mortadella, olives, tomatoes, cheese, various homemade breads etc......(it would have been enough as a meal if we had eaten it all but paced ourselves!!!!). The actual starter and main courses were original and really amazing. It has to be said that there is no menu, and no price when you come, the waiter (probably the owner) who speaks English, tells you verbally the menu and you choose "blindly", hoping for the best...and believe me the best did come for us...my expended waistline is my witness...we shared a desert (I don't know where we found the space left in our stomac) and a coffee with digestive for my partner and when the bill came, we simply could not believe our eyes, given the quality of the food we just had. Euro 115, this included a bottle of decent dry Lambrusco that cost only euro 15. All in all, it must be one of the cheapest meal I have ever eaten for that level of quality. yummy!!!!!

1  Thank vap09

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The chances of finding this without a recommendation are almost zero - but it is well worth seeking out. We loved the local feel, the verbal menu, the smooth Sangiovese and the outstanding quality of the food. Our main courses were turbot braised with vegetables and beautifully soft beef in red wine sauce. We were lucky to be recommended.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I went to this wonderful little gem on the recommendation of our hotel. I requested a place where locals would eat so that we could enjoy a typical Bolognese meal. I was not disappointed. I was served a magnificent tortolloni with shaved white truffles and a spectacular roast suckling pig. My husband has a pasta dish and rabbit, which he also enjoyed, but my choice was definitely better. The meal was so good, we returned the next day for dinner as well. The owner, Antonio is a delightful gentleman. As far as service, one must remember that we are in Italy, not in the world of fast food. Dinner is meant to be a relaxing occasion at the the Antica Osteria Romagnola it definitely was!

1  Thank Eleanor W
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Compare to the other restaurants in Bologna the food there is average.

Service you get will greatly depend on how many customers are there and how much food you have ordered. There were only one efficient but smileless waitress and the owner who serve the whole restaurant.

When we asked the waitress for the bill, it took her a long while to talk to the owner (after running back and forth the kitchen and the tables to serve or collect the dishes first), and the owner spent at least 10 minutes talking to a couple who sat not far from us before went to the cashier to prepare the bill. At the end we waited for more than 15 minutes for the bill.

Not recommended.

2  Thank Juliana_ngyc
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This little Osteria in walking distance of the town centre is heavenly. There would not be more than 20 tables and there are no menus but the lovely owner of the osteria comes to your table and recites the menu which has some daily changes. He is so charming and sweet.

We shared an antipasto then my husband had tagliatelle with a truffle sauce and I had lasagne with porcini and speck sauce. We then shared the prochetta and all I can say is "oh my god!".

Both courses were sensational. The pastas were home made and very tasty but the prochetta was unreal! It was served hot with a fennel and slight chilli sauce. The skin was crispy and the meat so tender after a loving and slow cooking process and was served with rosemary roast potatoes.

My one big tip is to ask what is for the main course before you order the first course or already know you are going to share the porchetta and order first course accordingly. We had pasta as the first course and couldn't finish the porchetta. I want to go back to finish it!

1  Thank sbe123