“An AWESOME vacation”

Bluone - Food and Wine Tours in Italy
More attraction details
Owner description: Bluone is a family company based in Bologna. Since 1995 we have organized tours in Bologna, Emilia Romagna and other regions in Italy for food and wine lovers.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our 5 day culinary tour through Bologna was one of the best vacations we have taken! Marcello is a very engaging host and guide, he makes you feel like a member of his family. You feel like you are touring with the mayor of Bologna, he knows everyone! Marcello went out of his way to accommodate my diet (mostly vegetarian), I really appreciated that!

One of the most enjoyable days of the tour was spent in Marcello and Rafaella's home, along with their son, learning the art of making pasta by hand. We then sat down to a huge feast, it was so much fun!

We had so many wonderful experiences on this tour, it was such a great opportunity to see parts of Italy that most visitors don't get to see.

I highly recommend any tours that Marcello offers and hope to get the opportunity to travel with Marcello again!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had heard so much about our guides before arriving in Umbria and from the moment of our meeting they did not disappoint. If you only go one time to Umbria and need the best guide then go with Bluone. Raffaella & Marcello were not only entertaining but their knowledge of Umbria’s special places was outstanding, whether it was truffle hunting in Patrico or the wonderful town of Spoleto.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is the second Tour we have done with Marcello & Raffaella and would recommend this to anyone. The food tours are in depth & informative and Marcello & Raffaella are the perfect hosts, so much so we now consider them friends. If you have a passion for food and a love for the Italian lifestyle these are the people you should be contacting.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

In October of 2012, a friend and I were delighted to be introduced to Umbria by Marcella and Raffaella of Bluone tours. They know the region so well and I loved every place they took us, not to mention the excellent meals and delicious wine! Our group was small (8 of us for the first 3 days and then only 4people). Both of them obviously love Italy and Umbria in particular. Their warmth and genuine desire to provide us with a fabulous vacation added immeasurably to the experience. I would definitely travel with them again.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The pasta-making lesson from last Tuesday has fed my friends and family on Friday and now today, Sunday. My children cannot get over how much they love handmade fresh pasta. I prepared Raffaela's taglietelle with meat ragu and tiramisu to rave reviews. Five friends want to come over for a pasta lesson. Everyone wants the tiramisu recipe. Today I served the ricotta tortelloni.

I mention this first because I took the lesson for my own pleasure, but the rewards have not stopped. I took the tour of a family-owned balsamico factory and parmesan factory--loved those. I learned an enormous amount and changed the way I see individual ingredients.

The afternoon and evening at the home of Marcello and Raffaela was delightful and educational. It is difficult to quantify the experience, but I cannot imagine how it could have been better, and I am very imaginative!

If I had not taken advantage of this opportunity while in Bologna, I might not have recognized the depth of what can be experienced in a brief visit. I feel very lucky.