“Marcello !”

Bluone - Food and Wine Tours in Italy
More attraction details
Owner description: Bluone is a family company based in Bologna. Since 1995 we have organized tours in Bologna, Emilia Romagna and other regions in Italy for food and wine lovers.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Marcello !”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had heard so much about our guides before arriving in Umbria and from the moment of our meeting they did not disappoint. If you only go one time to Umbria and need the best guide then go with Bluone. Raffaella & Marcello were not only entertaining but their knowledge of Umbria’s special places was outstanding, whether it was truffle hunting in Patrico or the wonderful town of Spoleto.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Tour & Wonderful People”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is the second Tour we have done with Marcello & Raffaella and would recommend this to anyone. The food tours are in depth & informative and Marcello & Raffaella are the perfect hosts, so much so we now consider them friends. If you have a passion for food and a love for the Italian lifestyle these are the people you should be contacting.

Edmonds, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Food and Wine Lovers' Very Best Experience.”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

In October of 2012, a friend and I were delighted to be introduced to Umbria by Marcella and Raffaella of Bluone tours. They know the region so well and I loved every place they took us, not to mention the excellent meals and delicious wine! Our group was small (8 of us for the first 3 days and then only 4people). Both of them obviously love Italy and Umbria in particular. Their warmth and genuine desire to provide us with a fabulous vacation added immeasurably to the experience. I would definitely travel with them again.

Lincolnshire
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Never-ending Rewards”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The pasta-making lesson from last Tuesday has fed my friends and family on Friday and now today, Sunday. My children cannot get over how much they love handmade fresh pasta. I prepared Raffaela's taglietelle with meat ragu and tiramisu to rave reviews. Five friends want to come over for a pasta lesson. Everyone wants the tiramisu recipe. Today I served the ricotta tortelloni.

I mention this first because I took the lesson for my own pleasure, but the rewards have not stopped. I took the tour of a family-owned balsamico factory and parmesan factory--loved those. I learned an enormous amount and changed the way I see individual ingredients.

The afternoon and evening at the home of Marcello and Raffaela was delightful and educational. It is difficult to quantify the experience, but I cannot imagine how it could have been better, and I am very imaginative!

If I had not taken advantage of this opportunity while in Bologna, I might not have recognized the depth of what can be experienced in a brief visit. I feel very lucky.

Los Angeles
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“THE BEST THING TO DO IN BOLOGNA”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My family and I spent a day with Raffaella and Marcello learning about the food of the region, buying some of the food in the fascinating markets of Bologna, making the meal and than having a fantastic supper. It was the highlight of our 10 stay in what is one of Italy's nicest cities.

There were 7 in our group and we all agreed that this was the best day of our Italian trip. It is hard to describe the warmth and hospitality of our hosts, Raffaella's expert skill as a teacher and the wonderful atmosphere of their charming home.

This is the ideal event if you are interested in authentic food of the region, made from scratch ( we had to roll out our own pasta and that's not as easy as it seems ) or if you interested in the
Bolognese way of life. I've traveled the world and have never found a city filled with
such wonderful people. After a week in Rome, it was a journey to a different world.

Go to Bologna for its beauty and charm and don't miss out on this culinary adventure.