“Great little neighborhood gelateria”

La Sorbetteria Castiglione
Ranked #5 of 119 Dessert in Bologna
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Santo Stefano
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This place was really good. Also liked that it was out of the way, meaning that, in spite of all the positive reviews, it was far less touristy than other spots closer to the center. It very much felt like a neighborhood joint.

1  Thank Eli C

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Our B&B owner recommended this place. She said it has the best ice-cream in Bologna. I agree!! We in fact planned our last day of sight-seeing around making a second trip here in the afternoon. It is a few minutes walk from the main sights, but that walk is so worth it! The ice-cream was rich and very tasty. We had straciatella and a dark chocolate flavour, among others! The lady we dealt with on our first visit was particularly friendly. There are a few tables and chairs outside so you can sit and relax and really enjoy your treat! I would definitely go here again if I make it back to Bologna.

1  Thank PolkaDot O
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Seriously impressive and creamy with a huge range of freshly made flavours. Had a chocolate flavour and a mango flavour. Nothing like British or american ice cream, much more intensity of flavour.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Can you say creamy smooth and tasty ! Now I am spoiled after having this gelato - regardless of flavor. They were all so good! Make sure to take a few sample tastes so you can pick a favorite - warning - it will be tough !

1  Thank John S
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This time round going to Italy I had made a list of gelatarias to have - only the best! We walked through quiet neighbourhoods but once we arrived at the gelato store there were crowds of people - a sign of its quality? I opted for a simple mango sorbet as one, I love mango, and two I had just had a very sweet ice cream elsewhere not long ago so I was craving something refreshing. I couldve had another one. It was undoubtedly the smoothest, creamiest sorbet I have ever tasted, with burst of mango freshness. Ah. Take me back there, happily take all of the flavours!

1  Thank Amy W