Mercure Pesaro
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 28, 2013

- no beach from hotel, 15-20 EUR extra per Day!

- Manager Davide Bassetti did not bother speaking to us about
compliants and suggestions how to improve and run hotel.

- Aircondition did not work, 30 degrees at night time-how can you sleep?

- No aircondition adjustable in room-you need to call reception to adjust temperature

- No parking included- EUR 10 per day extra, no way to find aprking in high season outside. Should be included.

- Breakfast simple and boring after 3 nights

- Do not go there- feel sorry for staff but given management ignorance and arrogance this posting!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank holger345
Hotel Cruiser C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Mercure Pesaro, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2015

Hallo Herr holger345...Grüezi!

This is to inform you that our Cruiser Hotel, since very few months, has a new management.
We are reading all comments to realize which are the main critical points.
We are strongly working to improve our services and have our guest enjoying there stay here with us.
Please, if you have the possibility to come back in our hotel, we will be more than happy to show you how our hotel is getting nice and nicer.
Thanks.
Alles guete und an Gruess an mini Limmatschulhus!
Simonetta

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a suite on the 5th floor with balcony and see view. Very clean, nice and likely to be one of the newer/better hotels on Pesaro beach with a good pool area. It's also very children friendly.

Unfortunately there was no english tv channels, the 10Eur cost for wifi abit costly, and the reception staff was at best average. When I asked where the nearest supermarket was the answer they provided me was "In town" which would be obvious due to its size, but not helpful if I wanted directions to find it.

The hotel had about 80% Russian guest but it's a good choice for a stay in Pesaro for business or traveling with kids.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Cruiser Congress may not be the best hotel in Pesaro, but is probably the best cost x benefit relationship. A wonderful and funcional room, wirh a gorgeous view of the Adriatic sea. Worth the visit. Reasonable rate and good breakfast complement the package.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I just enjoyed a nice two weeks vacation in Pesaro and the Cruiser Hotel. I would recommend both for anyone who wants a relaxing holiday in a real Italian town without too many foreign tourists.

The Cruiser Hotel is located nicely about 1,5 km from the old town of Pesaro, and it's almost on the beach. You just go across one street and you're there.

The breakfast was very good, actually amazing compared to what I've used to getting in Italy. There were two types of bread every morning, several kinds of meat cold cuts, many kinds of cerials, yoghurts, boiled eggs, a few types of cheese and also more lunch kind of food, such as small "pizettes". And there's one table of cakes and other sweets too.

They often had fresh fruits and fruit salad too. Coffee and is served to the table. Juices (orange, grape etc) come from a machine, but they tasted great too.

Lobby service was quite businesslike and formal, I assume because they classify themselves as a congress hotel. I heard this hotel is run by a family, but it doesn't feel like an Italian family hotel at all.

In the end of July and beginning of August most guests seemed to be normal tourists, so I think they should learn to appreciate them too. However, it was not unfriendly, they helped us with maps and other enquiries anyway.

The lobby staff speaks English decently well, but you seem to get friendlier service if you speak Italian. This is the case almost everywhere you go in Pesaro.

In my experience the most welcoming and professional staff at the Cruiser hotel worked at the lobby and swimming pool bars; always cheerful and helpful.

Our room on 1st floor (while it's actually more like the 3rd floor) regular room was quite small, but it was kept very clean. There's a small balcony with two chairs, but no table. It was a bit puzzling they changed the towels not just daily, but two times a day. Not very environmentally friendly, but on the other hand quite nice too.

The hotel maid cleaning our room was also very friendly, and always asking if everything was OK and asked us to tell if we need anything in our room. She would definitely deserve a big bonus for making us feel welcome there. I hope she receives the tips I left in the room.

There's one big drawback: The beach is ridicously overpriced in Pesaro, or at least next to the Cruiser hotel. It costs 24 EUR a day to rent two deck chairs and an umbrella. As a guest of Cruiser hotel you get a 10% discount (2,4 EUR). But if you walk just 50 m or so, the cost for the same place is 20 EUR. The beach was not even half full during the two weeks we staid there, and it's not a surprise with these kind of prices.

I know there's a free beach somewhere further, but we didn't go looking for it.

I sleep tightly and I'm not easily disturbed at nights, but a few times I woke up to quite noise and sounds, Thus I believe sound isolation is not good in the building. Many guests told they sleeped there with earplugs.

Cruiser has a bit small, but still a quite nice sun deck area with a swimming pool, kids' pool and a yakuzzi (with cold water) on the 2nd floor. For some reason wind doesn't get there pretty much at all, so it was very hot.

Their pool bar usually opened at 3 PM, but you can order drinks and light snacks on telephone before that too. In the evenings their comfortable outside lobby terrace bar seemed to be popular amongst local people too.

I liked Pesaro very much compared to more touristic neighbour towns Cattolica and Riccione, so I hope to travel there again next summer. And then I will most likely stay at Cruiser Hotel too.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd or 4th floor with a view to the swimming pool or sea.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tero Lehto
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed one night. Clean room, shower was a fiberglass bath that was like a trampoline and did not get much better, rather poor for a 4 star hotel. The breakfast made up for it with a good cup of coffee...very forgiving. Have to pay big bucks for internet. Good location but I think one can get better for your money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business