“Excellent Food and Poor Sevice”
Review of Osteria del Pozzo

Osteria del Pozzo
Ranked #13 of 356 Restaurants in Ancona
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2014

As has been the case over the last seven+ years or so that we have been going to this restaurant, this restaurant serves excellent to very good seafood. Tuna was excellent. Baccalà (cod) dish did not have more than one ounce of fish in one serving. Very poor preparation of mainly potatoes and no Baccalà/fish. Fried fish preparation was OK. Service has not improved. In fact, it has become very poor. Unfortunately prices have increased.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant currently run by the son of the founding family. It opened several decades ago. If you wish to have an excellent Italian seafood cuisine this is the place. This is indeed one of the best meals my wife and I have had in many months of our stay in Anonca, Marche. We have stayed in Anonca many time on many occasion since 2005. This is indeed one of the restaurant we always go to once every week or ten days or so. The price is moderate for lunch or dinner (about 20 Euros per person, including local wine).

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Simple, fresh and delicious food! The quality of this osteria is a very good value don't miss it...Service is good but it could be a bit friendlier ....for the rest the quality /price is very interesting.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Didn't expect much choice at lunch so was more than pleasantly suprised by this neighbourhood restaurant, filled to the brim with locals and a very cheap set price lunch to boot. The service was a tad abrupt but the food was great and the house verdicchio was delicious and an absolute bargain at €3.00 for a half litre. I would love to return and try some of the other house specialities or come one evening, as we were told the ambience is more relaxed. To be recommended on all levels.........

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Last September I traveled in Le Marche, and I spent two nights in Ancona. On my last night, I asked the hotel clerk to recommend a restaurant with cuisine typical of the area. Osteria del Pozzo was one of her recommendations. I ate two dishes there: a pasta (chitarra) with shellfish and stockfish with potatoes. I was happy with both dishes. I was also happy with the service - the proprietor was very friendly and happy to converse with me.

The only drawback? The wine was only average compared to other wines I had on my trip. But I wouldn't let that stop me from going to this restaurant again. The food was both tasty and filling, and the service was great.