The accommodation is located at the basement so if you have a big luggage, it will be a challenge bringing it up and down. With that concern set aside, let me tell you the many pros of booking this place.
Maria Teresa will greet you at the entrance of the building. She will explain to you which keys to use to access the main front door, how the stove and heater works. She also gave us welcome treats like soda, water, juice inside the fridge, a yummy set of croissants (which until now I still remember how delicious it was!). The wifi access is pretty good, the pantry has basic cooking items like salt, olive oil, etc., the place is cozy, secure, clean, very well decorated that you could easily tell that every piece that she put there was well thought of. The bathroom has everything you need except toothbrush. We had a lot of towels, there's even deodorant for both men and women, and hair gel! The room is spacious for 3 people, the bed were comfortable.
The nearest metro station to her apartment is Ottaviano. A good 15-minute walk for us (it would only take Italians 5 minutes since they are fast walkers!). It is pretty safe to walk at night. During daytime, you can do a leisurely walk towards the Vatican, Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Square & Basilica. Different bars and restaurants are walking distance. There is a great chinese restaurant nearby and I highly recommend it if you're Asian. The staff speaks fluent Italian & Mandarin, but little English (point anything you like from the menu to save your breath). Other restaurants nearby are Baccanale al 59 vino e cucina, Ala bucaniera, Siciliain Bocca, Pizza Popeye.
If you are leaving early and need a taxi, you can ask Maria Teresa to book it for you, as we did. Just make sure to give her your contact number so that the driver can call you to comfirm and when he's near the vicinity.
Maria Teresa does need to send you off. When checking out, you only need to leave the keys on the dining table and turn off all the lights.
Maria Teresa was very prompt answering my email queries. I would highly recommend her place to anyone looking for the best accommodation deal in Rome.
- The appartement is close to the Vatican. At 10 minutes walk from Ottaviano (Metro A) station. Exit opposite way from Vatican.
- Easy to get to several touristic places.
- The appartement is facing a Farmacia, close to a small grocery store (opposite street facing the Farmacia), at 5 minutes walk from the Supermercado Simply market. It is also situated on same street with awesome pizzeria (on your left handside when you leave the building) (which i recommend by the way!) and Italian restaurants.(left and right hand side when leaving the building).
- Maria Teresa offered a very thoughtful welcome (cakes bought from the bakery store & chocolates on the kitchen table and next to the bed) and useful guidance to the different commodities. Even though it was not always easy to communicate, (we did not speak italian and Maria Teresa can speak english but is not completely fluent), Maria Teresa demonstrated patience and will to listen / understand us which was appreciated.
- The place contains a lot of things which may be needed for short or longer stay (I.e. hygiene / skin care products in the bathroom, toilet paper rolls, towels, soaps, shower gels / shampoo, kettle, micro wave, refrigerator (with bottle of water and apple juice to welcome clients), A few groceries (flour, olive oil, salt, sugar, tea etc) on the shelf, good connexion wifi etc a lot of things. Cannot possibly enumerate them all).
- The appartement is well decorated and cosy. Maria Teresa, I assume wanted the clients to feel as good as if they were at home.
- The apartment was safe to stay which is important to highlight.
- The price paid for the stay per night was worth.
- The appartement is situated in the basement and no sun light can enter. However, I beleive the owners are well aware of this and compensated with a lot of lamps lit in the whole appartement. We almost did not feel we were in the basement.
- We arrived during the renovation period and heard a lot of renovation noises starting very early in the morning which woken us up like early birds. :)
- Minor comments related to my own point of view. Even though care were given on the cleanliness of the appartement, I would have appreciated to see it cleaner.
Otherwise very few CONS and lot more PROS. Hope this factual (and minor comments related to my own appreciation) review could have helped new comers. I recommend this place to future Roma visitors seeking for a nice place to stay.
And Maria Teresa & Gian Lucca, thank you for your behaviour and nice welcome.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|