Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM

from $30.44
from $37.20
from $21.98
39,364 results
All reviews beautiful church peter's basilica sheer size awe inspiring security check worth the wait st peter guided tour skip the line dress code visit rome long line take your time queue architecture pieta mass
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

I remember I was standing about 1 American football field from St. Peter’s Basilica (magnificent sight from 150 meters away) and didn’t go in.
Here’s the story: It was raining hard and since my wallet was stolen at the metro at Termini, I didn’t have my Roma Pass Card. I was able to get my “skip the line “ ticket for The Vatican Museums, but it wasn’t skip the line and I waited in line, in the pouring rain, for about 2 hours. My tour was set for 9 am and I didn’t go in the Vatican Museum until 12 noon. My St. Peter’s Tour was set for 1 pm after the Vatican Museum, but it was after 1 pm when I was finished with The Vatican Museum. The moral of this story is to schedule the tours for Vatican Museum and St. Peter’s at least 6 hours apart. I hope you have better luck!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed June 12, 2019

St. Peter's Basilica is enormous...and as you enter on the left is Michelangelo's Pieta (behind bullet proof glass)…there's also Bernini's Wood Canopy over the altar. The structure replaced a 4th century church on the site...construction was begun in 1506 and was completed in 1626...just Amazing!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

How can you review such a wonderful place? We had the most amazing guide,Patrick, who was sooooo knowledgeable and explained everything in a fun way! So moving to be standing in such history and beauty. The museums are amazing, the alters, the size is vast. Very humbling and moving! Go and see, you wont be disappointed!!!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

St. Peter’s is a must see place for anyone coming to Rome. We toured the Vatican museum, Sistine chapel and the basilica. I thought my always cool 13&14 year olds would be board but they were blown away. I highly recommend it.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful sight very commercialized. Gorgeous church and a must see when in Rome. A bit crowded and they allow very limited access. The church has a lot of money that’s for sure!

Date of experience: June 2019