Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM

from $41.00
from $31.10
from $36.30
15,932 results
All reviews beautiful church peter's basilica sheer size awe inspiring security check worth the wait st peter guided tour skip the line dress code visit rome long line take your time queue architecture pieta lift
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

There may be lines to get in but it's worth the wait. You'll have to pass through security to get in.

The Basilica is life changing. I really felt connected to God and those around me in the space.

Everywhere you look you'll see something inspiring.

Be prepared to take lots of photos!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Piazza Navona is one of my favourite places in Rome to sit and people watch especially on a lazy Sunday.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We visited the Basilica while on a private tour that included the Sistine Chapel. The interior is humongous but gorgeous! We visited the crypt where tombs of dozens of popes are located. A tour or skip-the-line ticket is recommended as the line to see the Basilica is very long!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

St. Peter’s Basilica is a great example of what can be done with unlimited funds over half a century. The building itself is stunning. There aren’t many buildings in the World I’ve seen that are visually more impressive (Taj Mahal?).
Inside it’s jam-packed with historical artifacts that must be priceless. Absolutely gorgeous and well presented.

Ask for Luigi very knowledgeable and his English is excellent
What a beautiful place. The art work is unbelievable.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Words cannot describe it. We were blessed to attend a mass while we were there. Take your time and admire everything, and don’t forget to look up at the ceilings!

Reviewed 2 days ago

I hear queues can be long but I think we just got lucky. Our time in line probably only took 15 mins and we were past the security screening point. From there it was straight to the basilica and boom, we were in. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING prepares you for this place. Pictures simply do not do this place justice. I got chills when i first laid my eyes on the interior. Entry is FREE, unless you want a visit up to the dome or if you want a guided tour. A must see if you are in Rome.

Reviewed 2 days ago

The Basilica is very impressive. Despite a long queue, it is worth a visit. If you have a chance, do not skip the climbing to the dome. Take the lift up and after that climb up through the tiny corridor. The view from top of the dome is spectacular

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

It’s as I said the most famous Church in Rome ,although it’s at the Vatican which is an independent State . It’s a State inside a city .
It’s absolutely beautiful.
What I like therethe most is the statue of The Pieta by Michael Angelo .
Again expect hudge crowds, specially on Wednesdays when the Pope receive several delegations at Saint Peter Square.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Very very busy. I recommend you buy tickets before going as the queue to get in by purchasing on the day was ridiculous. Definitely worth a visit though.