Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM

from $40.70
from $30.90
from $36.10
15,951 results
All reviews beautiful church peter's basilica sheer size awe inspiring security check worth the wait st peter guided tour skip the line dress code visit rome long line take your time queue architecture pieta lift
Reviewed today via mobile

With so many churches in Rome it's easy to be complacent with them. This one is obviously the biggest and for the wow factor we made it the first church we visited. It's so we'll preserved and clearly there is a lot of money within the Vatican to do so.

Reviewed today via mobile

This was at the end of our guided tour of the Vatican City and.free to enter. It is absolutely stunning inside and very moving emotionally.. a must to visit.

Reviewed today

Best part of the Vatican (Other than the room of maps)...

Incredible. So beautiful and moving. The detail and art is one of a kind.

We climbed the 600+ steps to the top which was crazy and really hard but worth it for the views and pictures!!!

Reviewed today

A tour seemed to be overwhelming so read about specific stops instead. This enabled a more casual and thoughtful walk around. Late afternoon on a weekday made the crowds tolerable.

Reviewed today via mobile

On previous trips I only saw St. Peters after it was crowded with a lot of tourists. The church is beautiful but with this people you cannot even appreciate properly. The last summer I decided that I need to visit that place again, to be able to properly appreciate the architecture as it is due, and this time I could appreciate all the splendor looking at things I had never seen before, I could appreciate all the splendor looking at things, the architecture had some exquisite details that surround you with the curiosity to know what went through the mind of the builder, in my opinion I always going to recommend this place, for family, romantic occasions or simply if you want to escape from the ordinary it's a good place to touch that artistically sensitive side. If you do not believe me, find out yourself and visit, a recommendation from me would be not to go on vacation, because there will always be many people and they will not be able to appreciate it properly.

Reviewed yesterday

Very nice architecture here and lots to walk around and see but it's absolutely crawling with street vendors. Just tell them no and keep walking. Don't go on a Sunday like I did (didn't have a choice) or you won't get to see things such as the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

St Peter's batsilica is a great site. I truly recommend seeing it, which you will if you are going to the Vatican.

Reviewed yesterday

On previous trips I only saw St. Peters after it was crowded with mid-day tourists. The church was beautiful but felt decidedly impersonal. This past September I was delighted to discover the secret to experiencing this magnificent structure as a house of worship and prayer. I arrived before 7:00 AM and the security lines were short, the crowds were small and sunlight streamed in the windows. I was gratified to discover several masses taking place in the many gorgeous side chapels in a variety of languages - Vietnamese, German, Polish, English, Spanish, Japanese. The chapel containing the tomb of John Paul II was being used by a large group of African women praying in French. Rather than thousands of tourists taking selfies, I was among hundreds of worshipers praying, singing, meditating. The only English language mass my morning was a small group from Nebraska in a striking chapel down in the papal crypts. A friend with whom I shared my discovery worshiped with a group from Alaska one morning. The next morning he joined a group from England. Tips: Most of the liturgies appeared to start at 7 AM so you must leave your hotel quite early to arrive on time. Many of the liturgies I observed were one-offs for visiting groups and will not appear on published schedules, so you don't really know for sure what you will get. As a committed Catholic, I found it deeply gratifying to see the building used by people from around the world for a profoundly holy purpose. Praying in such a spiritual place was easily the highlight of my trip.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Whether you're visiting to soak in art, history and beauty with a lens like myself or on a pilgrimage to this spiritual mecca, St. Peter's Basilica is nothing short of spectacular. From its towering structures to the exquisite collection of paintings and sculptures, the Basilica is a true world-class destination. Prepare for a day on your feet, the trek around the Basilica can be quite extensive, especially if you opt to walk all the way up to the top of the structure. Do yourself a favor and pay a few Euro to use the elevator, it's quicker and you'll still have plenty of stairs and spiral cases to climb as you make the final ascent to the top of the dome. Yes, it’s busy, be prepared for a bit of bumping and elbow jockey. But the views are absolutely worth it. A true playground for creatives and self-reflecting mecca for spirituals.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

This place is superb, free to enter, stunning paintings & statues. It’s a place for thought, reflection & prayer (if wanted).