“Rome in the spring”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Italian first
Any
Companion...
“Request a Breakdown of the Quote”
Reviewed September 16, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I will list the dislikes first since I think that people would want to see that first...
Dislikes:
The cost advertised was not the price I paid. The quote was not broken down and there was a scrolling message stating that the quote included a security deposit which made the quote seem to equal to the advertised price. I found out that no security deposit was included and that I was actually charged approximately 20 euros extra a night and that the price included a TripAdvisor fee. Also, there were additional expensive CASH requirements by the landlord that are advertised on the site for taxes and cleaning services. TripAdvisor states that we should not pay out of the platform but the advertising for the cash transactions are on the website. I did try numerous times to resolve these issues and tried to get a refund but was told I would not receive a refund.

We did not receive the same treatment as other customers. There are reviews that state that the customers received a welcome basket . We did not receive any such basket. It is my opinion that all customers should be treated with the same courtesy. Also, there was an empty dish washing liquid container and dirty used kitchen sponges on the sink and empty food containers in the cabinets . Not a big deal but I am not used to seeing this especially since I paid an expensive cleaning fee. Also, the place was a bit dusty and I had to wipe the inside of the dresser drawers before putting my clothes in since there was some type of dusty dirt in them.

Okay, now for the likes,
The apartment is lovely looking. There are two balconies. They don't have a great view but it was nice to open the doors to let fresh air in and to have morning coffee on.
The bathroom is modern and nice looking, but the shower is very tight.
The sheets were very crisp and clean.
There is a washing machine. No dryer, but I just hung the clothes to dry on hangers.
There is wifi.
The metro is close by. We used the "red line" to get to the Vatican which I think was 5 stops away. Just one day they went on strike so we had to wait until after 5pm to use the metro.
There is an iron , a travel size hair dryer and an umbrella in the apartment.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 3, 2017
Dear Cristina,

Thank you for accepting my invitation to post a review.

I thought everything had been clear to you, but from what you write I guess it's not clear to you at all.

The price of your stay, including the commission that everyone pays to Tripadvisor, and what you see when you enter your credit card details. So I do not understand what the advertised price you are talking about.
At check-in, as indicated in more detail in the description, but in particular is included in the House Rules, you must pay the final cleaning (for me) and the Tourist Tax (for the City of Rome).
You asked me if you could extend your stay at home one day, agreed the price and made you a good discount.
You have received better treatment than other guests. The welcome basket is not included in the description of the apartment. It was a habit of so many years. Some guests mentioned him in his review.
As for the cleaning, we have long since replaced the staff with more prepared and professional staff. The exterior renovation of the building is over and now the dust you are talking about is a distant memory.

I hope I can still accommodate you in my apartment, I'm sure you will find it as clean and delicious as ever.

Cordial greetings
Giuseppe
Ib J
Norager, Denmark
“Rome in the spring”
Reviewed May 6, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

We vissited Rome and Stayed in the appartment for a very plessant week.
We enjoyed the fact that the building and naighbohood is very quiet, the appartment is clean and spacious, and everythig you ned is just around the corner.
Communication was exelent and reception was very kind eventhough we arrived very late in the evening.
Harpy to do it again.
Regards from Denmark, Lissi and Ib

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Christina...
Redmond, Washington
“The apartment was very nice and fully equipped.”
Reviewed October 29, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

It was a little hard for us to find, but Joseph met us out on the street....we were close. Unfortunately the outside was under construction which I did not know as I had no access to my e mail after leaving the US. Joseph did contact me about it. It only hindered going out onto the balcony which was not a big deal.
We are still a little confused about the area as it did not seem to be walking distance to the Vatican City, but a few subway stops away which was fine.
Again, the apartment was very lovely with nice art, a dishwasher, dishes, etc. It would easily fit 4 people and was very comfortable.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the decoration of the apt
Liked least: location
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Severine...
“Great appt”
Reviewed July 16, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Giuseppe was very nice and helpful.
The appt is very clean, situated in a very good location.
Metro bus shop restaurant near by.
would defo recommend it.

Liked best: The air conditioning
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed May 13, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Liked best: the apartment
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Jun 3, 2015
I'm sorry for this review which I consider not true, the 19 reviews that precede this one, they are in stark contrast to the allegations of this tourist.

The tourist, in order not to pay the final cleaning, including sterilization of linen, it offered to clean him my house before departure. It 'something that I can not accept, as I am responsible for cleaning it I can do to specialized companies as security for future guests.

I was not informed during a guest's stay of these noises, otherwise I would have acted so that was not caused annoyance to my guests.

In the description we talk about a few minutes walk from the Vatican City. The mother of the tourist, having a prosthetic leg, it took him a lot more. I for my mom I took a taxi.

Usually guests have at their disposal, the dish soap, detergent for the washing machine, detergent for the dishwasher, vacuum cleaner, broom and dustpan. When he called me and asked me to other detergents, I went home in two hours and I have placed everything you need to wash the house from top to bottom.

I try to be discreet with the guests and do not call them on the phone during your stay. For this I sent an email to ask how she was Mom, but I have not had any response.
Jean M
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“A nice well kept apartment, sofa bed was very comfortable.”
Reviewed March 23, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

A 10 minute walk to the Metro, uphill and downhill, 3 stops from St Peters/Vatican. Entrance to the apartment block was down approx 20 outside steps. We went in March and the apartment had very good heating and plenty of hot water. There is a supermarket close by and places to eat. They will arrange for a car to and from the Airport for an extra cost otherwise its a train to Termini and the Metro from Termini. We found it a pleasant place to stay.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Ranjit W
Fremont, California
“Spacious, neat and clean”
Reviewed October 25, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

The owner Joseph was very helpfull,. The appartment is located a short block from bus stops, taxi stand and best off all a supper market. At our arrival we were given a tour of the appartment, shown were every thing was located, The Frig had a bottle of milk, water, and on the kitchen counter there was Pasta, can of tomato, and other goodies. Rooms were air conditioned. It truely was a home away from home. We will always have a very tender memery of our stay.
Ranjit
Calfornia, USA

Liked best: Spacious
Liked least: not a thing
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing