“Tour of Vatican with Rachel”
Review of City Wonders

City Wonders
Book In Advance
$72.41*
and up
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums with St Peter’s, Sistine Chapel and Small-Group...
$59.35*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
$110.99*
and up
Early Access Vatican Museums Small-Group Tour with St Peter’s and Sistine Chapel
Ranked #3 of 13 Tours in Vatican City
More attraction details
Owner description: City Wonders (Formerly Dark Rome) provides the best possible tours of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica and more via its partnership with the Vatican. Be sure to visit out website to explore the various tour options we offer with exclusive, Skip the Line Access to your favorite attractions.
Mobile, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tour of Vatican with Rachel”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Excellent tour of the Vatican and St Peter's. It was my third trip and still learned new interesting facts about both the history and current events.

• Thai first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Couldn't ask for a better guide”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I wish I could take our guide Tiber around the rest of Rome with me. His enthusiasm and knowledge made this a day like no other.
I'm not sure what I was expecting from the tour but the art works and history of not only the Vatican but Rome is truly not to be missed.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Incredible tour - our guide was an art professor!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The name may sound strange, but Dark Rome tours are phenomenal. The tour is exactly what they promised, and our guide was an art professor in Rome so really knew about all of the art. We were in a group of 3 on a private tour - well worth the expense and ability to move around large crowds. It's a little confusing to find them at the starting point, but follow the directions and it all turns out great.

Visited October 2013
St. John's, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vatican Semi Private”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I'm a little shocked that I am giving this tour so low a review. I actually enjoyed the tour and the tour guide, Maria Theresa, was really good. I think my enjoyment of the tour was due in large part to it being low season with very few crowds but there are a number of things the company and/or those booking the tour should be aware of for either improvements or just information. First off, the meeting location is a little hard to find and the tour guide/facilitator was not well identified as Dark Rome. Having toured with Dark Rome the day before, I did recognize the black and silver equipment cases they were using and was thus able to locate the tour. Also, this is a very pricey tour and while I ordinarily use Viator, I opted to booked directly with Dark Rome due to some really great reviews and wanting to make sure I was with this specific tour provider. I was very surprised to discover that I could have been on the exact same tour if I had booked with Viator for a much cheaper price. I don't mind paying a little extra for good service but it's kind of like buying that awesome dress at full price only to find it on sale the next day. Irritating. Now, I did have some expectations based on the tour description. Yes, I envisioned myself and the other 9 tour mates blazing a trail into the Vatican with our skip the line, 15 minute early access. Alas, we were passed many times by tour groups of 20+. We spent a very long time on a terrace as you first entered the Vatican and were passed by no less than 3 large tour groups. We spent an additional 30-40 minutes in a courtyard talking about what we would see in the Sistine Chapel while we were passed by an additional 6 tour groups. So here's where I am conflicted, I actually enjoyed the information shared by Maria Thersa and was able to have a great apprectiation of the Sistine Chapel, however, I think the skip the line, early access is bogus. Now because I took the tour in late November, the crowds were not too bad, however, I can imagine the poor souls taking this tour in high season would be horribly disappointed to discover that the extra cost of this tour really buys you nothing extra in terms of getting ahead of the sea of humanity. The Vatican has many museums and there really is only time to see some of the highlights so I feel comfortable that the tour did that, however, keep you eyes open. We walked past a Rodin and Matisse among other works without comment. There just wasn't time to talk about it all and I am sure in high season, no room to really stop and appreciate the works without blocking the corridors.

Massillon, Ohio, Usa
“Vatican Tour”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Excellent and informative tour with a great tour guide. Would recommend to anyone--in fact did so to dining associated on the cruise that followed the tour.

Visited October 2013