Ways to Experience City Wonders
from $71.40
from $43.80
from $56.50
1,728 results
All reviews dark rome vatican tour skip the line great tour sistine chapel extended tour bramante staircase hour tour meeting point highly recommend this tour small group through viator excellent guide art history semi private tour meeting place early access
Reviewed 2 days ago

A lovely tour with a very informative guide !

We has started the tour only slightly late due to some last minute group to guide changes which is more than understandable, after stepping off we were ready soon enough inside the Vatican minimal entry waiting.

From the moment the tour started to the moment we finished our guide was always full of knowledge with a lot of charisma and passion to her job, without a guide like this the tour would be dull and pointless for myself as I am not that knowledgeable on the Vatican,

It was definitely an extensive 3 hour tour packed with knowledge and facts, as well as seeing all the art and architecture I really enjoyed the whole your and felt I got my moneys worth.

So IMHO if you are looking for a decent priced tour with a great guide look no further.

Thanks a lot.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

AlwAys doubtful of sold tours I was proved wrong, this tour was fantastic Alexandra provided great insight answered questions and really taught us some great information . No waiting and great value was definitely got

Reviewed 1 week ago

Wonderful tour with Franchesca of the Vatican. She has a great command of the English language and has the right personality for a tour guide. Franchesca managed a large group of us through a very , very crowded Vatican. She truly understands all the art work and its history. As for the extra expense of head of line entrance with city wonders , it is worth it., the lines are very long and the Vatican is not easy to understand without a professional. note the Basilica is the show which is the last stop , the Sistine chapel was interesting but somewhat of a disappointment. note skip the line (head of the line ) does get you some extra sites which were very interesting , but is really only getting in the door , after that you flow with the crowd

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We bought a timed entry skip the line tour. An hour and a half later we had finally entered the Vatican. I don’t know what line we skipped but I did not expect an hour and a half wait. Once inside the Vatican it was another hour and a half wait. We we shuffling among a crowd, like a subway at rush hour. The guide’s audio did not work unless she was facing us, and she was usually leading us. The mob shuffles along so you can’t really absorb any of the art work along the circuitous route. Up stairs, down a hall, through a gallery, down stairs, up stairs, ‘almost there’, and can’t hear the tour guide. Three hours later when we finally made it to the Sistine Chapel, the guards are rushing you, “don’t stop, keep moving.” So the three hour wait, which did not skip any line at all, ends without even the opportunity to pause and enjoy the artwork. Maybe 5 minutes in the chapel. By then it was near closing time. The guide may have been good but since the audio didn’t work I can’t tell. Exhausting and disappointing. Spend your afternoon another way.

CityWondersCS, Manager at City Wonders, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello FarAway63949041784,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.

First of all, I would like to express how sorry I am to hear that you experienced long wait
during your visit to the Vatican Museums.

As we approach high season, and taking in consideration that the Vatican Museums is one of the most
visited attractions in Rome, it might be difficult to navigate trough the crowds, however, our guides
try their best in order to offer clients the best experience.

We were surprised to hear that the audio equipment wasn't working properly, as our guide usually carry
extra with them, and I'm sorry if this wasn't the case this time. Therefore, we'd like you to send us an
email to info@citywonders.com so that we can investigate further what happened on the day of your tour
with your booking reference/voucher number, based on the coordination report.

Once again, we're very sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit, and we do
look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Moises, City Wonders team.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We bought the Vatican VIP Experience, which included breakfast in the Pinecone Courtyard and a tour of the museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peters. It started early (6:45am) and promised skip-the-line and admission prior to the general public. They delivered on all counts. Our guide, Igor, was great; knowledgeable with excellent English. His information added a lot to our appreciation of the museum, art, history, etc. As promised, we were not crowded along the way and when we got to the Chapel although there were (I'm guessing) a couple hundred people there, it was by no means overcrowded and we were not rushed through. Entrance into St.Peters was quick and easy and by that time (maybe 10 -10:30 am) the line for the public to get into the church itself went nearly all the way around the Colonnade! HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you do the Vatican with a tour, and do it EARLY to avoid crowds and delays.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our wonderful tour guide Chiara took us around the Vatican museums, the Sistine chapel and St. Peter’s basilica. She was funny and very knowledgeable, I could have listened to her all day. The tour is not cheap but is worth every penny and I would recommend anyone going to the Vatican to book up with city wonders, we had 2 excellent experiences last week and the staff are outstanding.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had done the audio tour previously at the Vatican, but this time decided to do a group tour.

We chose City Tour (via Dark Rome) and did the tour this morning with Christian. It was very insightful with art being his passion, it was made engaging. We were able bodied, but this tour would be suitable for all ages as he took care of the young and older members.

It lasted three hours and was just about the right about the right amount of information.

Having done a few of these such tours previously, finding the start point can be confusing but 100% appreciated the Google Maps link, that exactly pinpointed the start. Wish all tours did this!

1  Thank Ian B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Christian S. was our guide for our small group, and his knowledge, passion, and enthusiasm for the content he was sharing was evident and very welcome. He engaged with each of us by name, and was constantly checking with us about whether we had clarifying questions or comments. I'm sure other guides from CityWonders are equally as strong, but I can honestly say that Christian made this one of the best tours we've ever had.

1  Thank Rick O
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We attended a morning Vatican tour on the 17th of October with our lovely guide, Adele. I've been on a few tours around different cities, but she is by far the best guide I've ever had! She answered questions knowledgeably and patiently, and I learned so many new things. I didn't know, for example, that the last Stuart king was interred in the Basilica, along with his wife!

The tour was professionally managed- before we left they checked all our radios were working, and gave us a sticker to make it clear to ourselves and other groups who we were with. Our guide also regularly checked to make sure everyone was there- very important in a place as big and crowded as the Vatican! I would definitely recommend City Wonders if you want an interesting, informative, and safe tour.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Definitely need to have a guided tour at the Vatican. This skip the line tour was very well organized, our Guide Gaila ( sorry about the spelling) was wonderful. With the crowds we were in, could easily stay with the group and she made sure we could all hear her informative commentary. She stopped at key places and explained the different rooms and galleries were were in and passing through ensuring we got the critical information as well as pointing out the most interesting areas to focus our attention. Crowds were tough ( we went on a monday which we found out afterwards are typically very busy days). She spent some extra time explaing with the use of visual aids what we would see inside the sistine chapel since we would not be able to have commentary once we were inside. This proved to be very insightful. The tour ended in St Peter's where again our guide was very impressive in her knowledge, very open to questions and ensured we saw the most important areas. She also gave great recommendation and what to follow up to see on our own. Highly recommend a guided tour for the Vatican and loved all our City Tour activities. We did 3 city tour activities and all our guides were excellent, fun and knowledgeable. Each tour was a true skip the line and very well organized.