“Dissapointed by 7 Hills!”
Review of 7 Hills Tours

7 Hills Tours
Ranked #5 of 13 Tours in Vatican City
More attraction details
Owner description: Vatican Museums English guided tours given by professional tour guides. We offer tours of the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums. If you use the 7 hills Vatican Tours special reservations, skipping the long security line!!!. Enjoy 3 full hours in the most beautiful and important collection of art in the world, seeing the Raphael Rooms, Greek and Roman sculptures, tapestries, works by Michelangelo and many other artists of the Renaissance.7 hills tours operates at the Vatican Museums since 2005.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was In Rome in October, and decided to pull the trigger for a Vatican Tour as the lines are always huge. After doing some research I found this company on TA, and I have to say that I was dissapointed by the tour guide Andre. His english is barely understandable, so listening to a nearly 4-hour tour it was not a pleasant experience for my ears. One positive thing though, was that we skip the line for the Vatican.
My recommendation is to take the audio guide of the Vatican, or search for a native english tour guide.

1  Thank Ahar48
andrea-7htVatican, Owner and tour guide at 7 Hills Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Very sorry for my Italian accent usually is not so heavy but sometimes when I am tired it comes out.... it was one of those bad days...
Anyway after this review . I realize the need to improve my English Pronunciation .
I believe that a good pronunciation is essential for a tour guide, I was born in Italy and I have made my study in art history in Rome , I have always believed that a bit of Italian accent is not bad for a tour guide, here Italy. it gives a bit of folkloristic climate during the tour .
In my point of view the italian accent is a good extra when I have to describe the many Italian things in the Vatican Museums, at least , during my tours, you will know how michelangelos mama use to call him.
After this review I have started a school, here in Rome, for pronunciation and accent reduction I had lessons for 30 hours and I think I have improved a lot my English accent. Now I can speak more clearly and have neutralised most of my Italian accent.

There are newer reviews for 7 Hills Tours

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was worth gold in terms of time. No waiting in huge lines, and interesting info the entire three hours. One of the best guides I've ever met.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Did the Vatican Tour with Andrea. It was worth it if only to skip the lines for tickets, however the tour was amazing. Andrea is a fantastic tour guide with a wealth of knowledge and I would have no hesitation in recommending this tour. The group is small in numbers and you are given headsets which is a must in the busy Vatican museum. Be prepared for a lot of walking. A word of warning which has nothing to do with Andrea or this fantastic tour - DO NOT eat in the immediate locality of the Vatican. (see my review of Bar Morreto) unless you have more money than sense! Also the Sistine Chapel is very very packed which is no fault of this tour. I found the amount of people inside the chapel very distracting and a lot of them were openly taking photos and making noise which is forbidden, which I also found very distracting and it took enjoyment away from the marvellous artwork in the chapel.

1  Thank JackyFairy
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Me and my wife went for a tour to the vatican city with Andrea from "7 hills tours" and it was well worth it, we add a group of 10 people, Andrea really as lots of knowledge and we get to see the best of the vatican city, skip the lines and get to know a bit of the history behind it. We certainly recommend you go book with 7 hills tours.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

After struggling on which tour provider to use for the Vatican, I choose Seven Hills due to the fact the group is no larger than 12, basically 6 couples. There is a set fee in advance, that includes admissions. Meeting up is SIMPLE, and the tour guide and operator Andrea is knowledgeable and has a sense of what to see, why to see it, and make the time most meaningful by providing intelligent interpretation as well he is an excellent teacher. In addition he got us through all the lines and seemed to "back door" us whenever possible. Certainly the way I want to tour in the midst of literally thousands of people at Vatican City. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SEVEN HILLS if you are looking for a personal tour guide for Vatican/St. Peter's.