“Hits the Target”

Neighborhood: Esquilino
Italy
“Hits the Target”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Thank you Trip Advisor. As I was visiting Rome for only 3 nights, I searched online to find a restaurant close to my hotel. As Target was reviewed positively, I wandered up via Torino to give it a try. I really enjoyed a delicious bowl of linguine with prawns and crispy shredded leeks, coupled with a chilled glass of prosecco it was a simple but memorable meal.

So good in fact that on my second night I convinced my friend to join me at Target. This time we took the advice of a woman dining at the next table. She recommended the prosciutto and buffalo mozzarella, so we shared a plate as the servings are generous. After the first mouthful we were raving over the this simple tasty appetiser.

Feeling adventurous my friend followed the waiter's suggestion of the pear and truffle ravioli, while I enjoyed a fresh bowl of orecchietti with tomato and zucchini. Really outstanding fresh pasta dishes. The pear and truffle ravioli was a delicious surprise. Now that I've tasted it I will be a little more brave when ordering on our next visit. We finished our meal by sharing a light, molten chocolate cake, again following the waiter's recommendation. The waiters were excellent, good humoured, attentive and very helpful. On the first night when I dined by myself, I felt completely comfortable in such a beautifully understated, welcoming dining room.

It's hard to eat badly in Rome if you take time to do a little research. I'm very glad I did and Target certainly hit the mark with every dish. Loved it and I plan to return.

2 Thank Jenny P

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“Great food and ambience, nice clientele”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went there by accident, as it was late and most other places were closed. We noticed some beautiful people outside, the owner said we could have only pizza, but came back to announce we could have anything on the menu. Pizza and pasta were extraordinary, the house wine at 3€ a glass was a great value. There was also some DJ and people were dancing, we enjoyed everything. The bill was very very reasonable! The service was super! I would go there again any time.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Target hits the mark on the food but misses on service”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went here on our last night in Rome and found the food to be excellent, esp. the seafood. The fantasia di mare (appetizer), spaghettone alle vongole, and rombo (turbot) entree were excellent. However, service was spotty. We ordered some veggies to accompany our main course and had to ask a second time after finishing the entrees. The waiter said it was on its way but it still took at least 10 minutes. Decor is contemporary and clean so very much like a modern American restaurant. It was filled with mostly non-Italians so I expect this is the norm. I would call this restaurant moderately expensive for Rome but compared to large US cities, it's still a bargain for the food quality and presentation. Great place to bring friends/business associates for a night out. I definitely recommend reservations as we tried to dine there the night before and the wait was an hour.

Singapore
“Great food, great service, good value for money”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We are currently enjoying our dessert at Target and cannot wait to share our pleasure. This is one of our best experience in Roma during our 8 days stay. Pulpo soup as starter and Bacalao as main course are 2 great choices amongts others things. Pizza looks great as well. We strongly recommend this place.

San Mateo, California
“Great food.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I liked their fish soup and my husband enjoyed their spaghetti with ragu sauce. The restaurant is for tourists with casuals as well as groups of locals with well dressedup.

• Visited December 2013

Been to Target? Share your experiences!