“Simple, yet very good restaurant”
Review of La Pollarola

La Pollarola
Reserve with
La Pollarola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,742 of 13,226 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed November 27, 2013

They serve simple food, but it tastes like home. In a very central location, it is worth going if you are visiting Campo dei Fiori. The spaghetti alle vongole, the cozze, they're all amazing. The only thing is it can get a bit noisy, depending on who's on the table beside you.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Having lived in Rome for many years and frequenting many Italian restaurants in the city, I went to this restaurant with a group of friends. The waiter invited us in and sat us down. Then he went on and on about the great specials they had for the day. A friend asked for a menu and was told that he should just give the "specials" they had for the day a try. He said over and over again about how good the specials are and that all of us should definitely give it a try. The waiter started us with antipasti--says he recommends the "specials"--before we could make up our mind as a group, he pushed for these "specials" and says that we MUST try them to know what real Italian food is like. He made it seem as if we'll be disappointed if we don't order these specials. He then went on and on about "special" primi courses and then secondi courses. Obvious, since it's "special", it sounds nice. During the course of the dinner, a friend mentioned that it was odd knowing what the prices of these "specials" were. When we got the bill, the cost was so outrageous! We were completely shocked that the waiter sold us the most expensive dishes at prices so ridiculous. The bill was very expensive for the amount of food we got. Overall, this restaurant deserves two stars for their quality of food. The portions were very small and the prices are extremely expensive. I can tell you for a fact, there was nothing special about the food we ordered other than the ripped-off prices. In addition, this restaurant deserves Zero stars for honesty because we could totally tell they were trying to rip us off. If you ever visit Rome, do not go to this restaurant. You'll find many better ones in the city and at reasonable prices with large portions and more friendly and honest staff.

3  Thank PMJ V
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to Rome and La Pollarola. Both times thunderstorms were swirling but we ate our lunch outside under the awning to watch the neighborhood and people. Rocco our waiter was terrific. He kept us smiling with his good humor and patience while I did my best to order in Italian. His seafood and special appetizer recommendations were good and we enjoyed the quality of the cooking. They had perfectly cooked pasta al dente with interesting flavors.

It was nice to linger without being rushed and enjoy our excellent local Frascati white wine with limoncello to finish off the meal.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Believe it or not, it is very difficult to find a restuarant in the center of Rome that has it all: a fresh and unique menu, good service, and a pleasant atmosphere.

Most places in the center are bombarded with the typical tourist crowd each night and this has caused many restaurants to refrain from going that extra mile. It’s a foolish approach, but it is the reality. La Pollarola, however, has managed to go above and beyond the status quo, and keep this perfect balance alive. As it is located just behind Campo dei Fiori, La Pollarola is a close, convenient alternative to the mediocre option in one of the primary piazzas. Trust me, I have lived in Rome for a tad over one year and have tried many restuarants, famous pizzerias and acclaimed osterias and have been disappointed many times with poor service and a sub- par menú for an undesirable price.

After returning for a Saturday meal recently, I realized what it is about La Pollarola which keeps me coming back on a regular basis. It is something that all restaurants should aspire to and that is consistency. When a family member or friend comes to town, I can guarantee that the meal and service at La Pollarola will be exquisite and much appreciated by my guest. While I hesítate writing these praises here (for fear it may become too popular) after all the good experieinces I’ve had at La Pollarola, I have to share the wealth!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a wonderful time in the city of Rome. Plenty to see and do.
Best of all was our final evening meal at "La Pollarola" What an experience !!
We were one of the first diners at the restaurant at 7pm and met by "Rocco" our waiter.
He was outstanding ! Full of enthusiasm he lead us through the specials then the full menu,even took me into the kitchen to see and sample the fish (Beautiful). He was very attentive and had a great sense of humour.
The food was fabulous !! I have eaten in top restaurants all over the world and this is up there !

3  Thank 27Paul27

Been to La Pollarola? Share your experiences!