“Terrible staff, normal pizza...” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dar Poeta
Ranked #562 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Trastevere
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible staff, normal pizza...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We went to this restaurant for several people say that the pizza was the best in Rome. They put us at a table next to the stairs where we did not have any space to move in, so we asked if we could go to another table next to where we had to change a bit the way the table was using the same available space. We were not told anything started eating and everything was fine. My boyfriend loved the beer. The bruschetta was normal like any other, nothing special. It was when the alleged owner arrived and apparently asked why the change to staff. after a while one of them came right to complain changed the table without even talking calmly or no respect. It is these attitudes that sees people's education. We were very upset and we left to pay the bill. And as I saw that they had charged us the pizzas I said I wanted to take them as take away. They gave us the pizzas again in a very rude again. Thus I do not advise anyone to go there. Because neither the pizzas were nothing special super basic ... I've eaten better elsewhere. Such as the Pizza Express in London, much better.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

• Turkish first
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

A friend recommened this restaurant.
We walked here from the Vatican (VERY long walk) and it was a little hard to find on a map, but we eventually found it. We got there around 6pm (since we were very hungry from our long plane flight). There were only a few other couples in the restaurant.
The pizza we had was delicious and the house wine fabulous.
The best part was the nutella calzone!! So good!
We had to ask for our check twice because the staff was in no hurry to get rid of us. When we left around 8 pm, there was a line down the street waiting to get a table!!!
Great food for great prices!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has many pizza choices ranging from 5? to 9?. The draft beer is not bad either for 3? small glass and 4? for a tall glass. It's a bit hard to find but if you ask the locals for directions you will find it. If you're in the area stop by and enjoy the variety of delicious pizza.

London, United Kingdom
“I would never eat pizza again if not from Dar Poeta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant ruined take away pizzas (in uk) for me. By far the tastiest pizza I have ever tasted. Great atmosphere, has that authentic local neighborhood pizzeria vibe. 2 pizzas and drinks cost below £20. Courteous and english speaking staff.

1 Thank Rafael_Mendoza
New York
“Great Pizza and an eclectic crowd in Trastevere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My daughter spent the semester in Rome and this was one of her favorite spots so we went together during my visit earlier this month. After hearing her rave about the place I was a bit surprised by the crowd and the appearance of the outside area of the restaurant. That, however, is part of the charm-the busyness, the tight tables, the energetic service. There were young people, older people, Italians and tourists from different countries-an eclectic crowd.
On top of that the pizzas were great. I had the Dar Poeta and my daughter the Amatriciana, followed by a Ricotta and Nutella Calzone (as good as it sounds).
A lot of fun, good food and great pricing.

1 Thank Bronco10708