“Pretty much the best pizza ever...”
Review of Dar Poeta

Dar Poeta
Ranked #1,029 of 13,219 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This pizza is a must when you go to Rome! It was absolutely delicious, the staff was really nice and did I already mention that the pizza was great? I recommend the pizza with chili oil and salsicia. The pizza has a perfect tomato sauce to toppings ratio. The restaurant is kind of hidden but with a little patience you'll get there and it will be totally worth it!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,359)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have been here twice for lunch. A simple pizza, fresh green salad, wine and mineral water for around 20 euro for 2- what more could you want? Service was friendly and efficient. Tables are tight when it is busy, but who really cares about that?

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Upon our host's recommendation, we headed straight here after arriving in Rome on Friday afternoon. It was the perfect pizza pie lunch. It was delicious and satisfying, with excellent crust. I had the seasonal artichoke pizza and my partner the super buffalo... both yummy and interesting flavors. It will be our go-to for Rome pizza.

1  Thank Brooklyn-Berlin
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Very nice meal here after St Peter's. Many clergy visited as well as locals. Atmosphere is nothing special but service was kind and portions were huge and value was excellent. I had Carbonara which was not too creamy.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Recommended by a hotel owner. He said the area is where Roman people meet up for Friday night drink or family gathering. It was not easy to find at night but once we knew where it was, we could easily access there by bus. The food was soooooooooooooo delicious and the staffs were so kind. The tables are very close to each other but you can enjoy the uproarious atmosphere. We were there on Friday night without reservation but luckily got a table, but if you want to secure a table, prior reservation is highly recommended. I tried Dar Poeta pizza and Super Bufala pizza based on the recommendation of the staff. It was one of the best pizzas in my life. I was so sorry that I couldn't try their dessert menu because my stomach was so full. They don't charge anything more than you ordered. Absolutely nice!