“Hidden gem”
Review of Bucavino

Bucavino
Ranked #590 of 12,525 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Bergen, Norway
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Upon arrival you will notice that there are only locals dining here, and that the waiters have limited English skills, which of course always is a good sign that you will get great food.

We had a absolutely lovely meal, with fantastic local food (homemade pasta, two types of meatballs etc.) and great wine!

We wanted to go again but because of a local holiday almost all of the restaurants were closed. Try this lovely and cosy restaurant, you will not regret it!

• Visited June 2012

• Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
“Great”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Exactly six months after my first visit (which resulted in a superior review on Trip Advisor), I went for dinner at the Bucavina again.

I am glad to report that nothing has changed; actually I have a feeling that the place got even better! The restaurant was pleasantly busy during a mid-week evening. Food was delicious, service friendly and attentive. We asked our server to recommend us a vine – he consulted a colleague and brought us a bottle of a very good and reasonably priced vine which perfectly matched the dishes we ordered. Like six months ago, I truly enjoyed the evening.

• Visited March 2012
Bucharest, Romania
“So fine”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I have been there a few times. It has a nice atmosphere, the cuisine is derived from the simple Roman cuisine of artichokes and meat dishes, carbonara etc. A bit more stylish, a good wine collection, great service. A bit pricy but not to ruin anything :)

Visited March 2012
1 Thank costinul_ala
Brussels, Belgium
“Unique place”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We were staying in a hotel in the area and chose the Buca Vino based on the Trip Advisor recommendations. I am glad to report that the previous reviewers did not exaggerate a bit. The place is simply great. The owner spent some time with us explaining the menu, describing the dishes and vine, and giving his recommendation. We opted for dishes and the vine he said were his favourite. The food was delicious: a fine combination of (what I imagine is) home cooking and a restaurant quality meal. Desserts were simple but incredibly tasty. I hope I have another trip to Rome soon – there are plenty of other fantastic dishes (and deserts!) on the menu to try on.

• Visited September 2011
Rome
“Underground tavern with delicious fresh Italian food”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This family run restaurant is in a underground tavern but the food is always fresh, the service great (although it can be a bit slow if you need a quick lunch). I come here often for my lunch break and enjoy many of their daily specials. The fried potato skins are devine as is their cacio pepe lasagna (which they only have occasionally). The value is good although I prefer their pasta courses to their meat courses.

• Visited August 2011