“get married there . . .”

Hotel Pulitzer Roma
Ranked #103 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We went to Rome to have a small and beautiful wedding. The staff of pulitzer help us organize some major things like the transportation for the people and other. The hotel was very good. Is away for the city centre but believe me with metro station just 50 meters away, you can be in there in about 10 minutes...I think i will go again

Room Tip: the superior room is great
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I booked this hotel for my mum's birthday based on previous tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Our room was beautifully styled, spacious and clean with a great balcony. Staff were very pleasant and helpful with good English (particularly Alena on reception). It's location, a VERY short walk away from the metro, was so handy- literally 5 mins away from the Colosseum and 10 minutes from Termini. Breakfast was also fantastic and great value. I would happily book this hotel for any future visits to Rome - I loved it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank kirsty b
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Myself and my Boyfriend picked this hotel based on the reviews, price and location, and it was exactly what we wanted. The hotel was is in a quiet neighbourhood just outside of Rome (which was quite nice after our busy touristy days!). Staff were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel wasn't crowed or busy, it was very relaxed, and at times it felt like we had the place to ourselves. Rooms were a good size, modern and very clean. There was a choice of two lovely terraces, and a good bar which served delicious cocktails! We used the gym, and although it was quite basic, it was fine. We did love the Jacuzzi on the roof terrace, it was fab to relax in with a drink after a busy day of sightseeing. We didn't eat at the hotel as we were room only. Now for the selling point-2 mins walk from the metro station... this was fantastic!!! We bought a 7 day travel pass from Marconi station and used the metro's all week. They take you to all the major sites. It's hassle free, cheap and easy. We'd jump on the metro and head off to the attractions in the morning, come back to the hotel, and then jump back on the metro about 8pm and go out for drinks and food. We enjoyed the restaurants around the Spanish steps, so visited them the most (watch out for the men selling rose, tell them firmly no). The last metro was 11:30pm (which is fine because most restaurants and bars shut around then), we'd start heading back at 11pm and had no problems. I could go on and on about our Amazing holiday, but really it's best that you do what we did, and just explore and discover for yourself!
A few tips....travel passes are more effective than the Roma pass. You do not need a tourist guide for the Colosseum. You will need a tourist guide for the Vatican, the queue is very long outside, it's very busy inside, and you have to queue inside for more things too. Being part of a tour meant we were able to queue jump, which was a massive blessing! Be polite but firm with men selling things....especially roses at the Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps, they will just put roses in a females hand and pester the man for money. Visit the Trevi Fountain at night! (again avoid the men with cameras telling you they'll take a picture of you for free). When it comes to bars, cafes, restaurants...discover them for yourself, some will be better than others, with nice little touches, but none of them are bad...from what we experienced. Overall....We love Rome, it was better than I had even imagined it would be!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Julie M
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference in Rome. Not only is it in a great bus and team route it's close to the conference centre. Rooms are modern, clean and excellent. Simple gym and great hot tub on the roof. Highly recommend it even if you are there just for a night.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We got in kind of late, so I don't had much to say about this hotel. Our room was clean and quiet. The shower was larger than most of the showers I've seen in Europe, so that was nice. Our room offered access to a public balcony on our floor, which had a nice view of some of the city. I found this location to be a bit more quieter than the heart of Rome. Not as many sirens going on. Breakfast was nothing special though.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank travelcosmolady
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had a great stay in the hotel recently on my first trip to Rome. The hotel itself is great, the facilities were excellent, the room was modern looking and spotless and with the Marconi metro station 2-3 minutes walk away the location is perfect for heading into the centre of Rome. The jacuzzi pool and sun loungers on the roof are excellent for relaxing and catching some sun after a busy day seeing the sights. We had minor hiccups with the staff regarding transfers from the hotel to the airport (our transfer back to the airport was not booked by the hotel despite arranging this before we arrived, then when the transfer was arranged they booked it an hour earlier than we had asked and the hotel phoned us a taxi instead which was dearer than the €40 fare for the transfer as originally promised) and also getting charged for breakfast for every day when we only had breakfast twice. Despite these issues the staff were fairly helpful and the hotel itself was brilliant. Would definitely recommend for a stay in Rome!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lau1100
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Dear friends travellers,
I want to share my experience from Hotel Pulitzer in Rome. The Hotel is located in an excellent position just 3' walk from Metro Marconi. The neibourhood is very quiet, has some places to eat something quickly or buy some water/juice. I felt very safe walking around after midnight with my wife.
The staff is very polite, all of them, from the reception to the cleaning ladies, the breakfast was suuuuuper!!!Never had breakfast like this before anywhere, the room is normal size and very comfortable, as well as the hotel's cafeteria which is quite large with very comfortable sofas.
The metro helps to reach the city center real fast and gives you the oportunity to come back to rest for some time before go out later in the afternoon.
I would definitely recomend this hotel and for sure I am staying there again next time I get to Rome.
Hope my comments will help you with your choice!

Room Tip: If you dont want to spend to much money in food, there is a small shop next to it where you can buy...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple