“Excellent and clean hotel”

Hotel Pulitzer Roma
Ranked #119 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Excellent and clean hotel”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Excellent hotel, clean & with convenient location - just two minute walking from the Metro (Marconi Station)

Better to spend a little more money on public transportation and taxis and get a very high standard hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and mach bigger then they look on the picture of the Hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Read the decent reviews on tripadvisor and decided to stay here. We were here for 3 nights starting 9/2/2013 and once we checked in we were greeted with horrible service! The front desk agent was rude and didn't seem like he wanted to be working yet even be alive that day. His attitude was very poor. He then gave us a room on the 4th floor and we thought that everything would be ok from there on. The room was filthy and the floors were dusty... Our luggages and clothes were 2 shades darker from all the dust. Anyhow... We wouldn't stay here again an management doesn't seem like they care.

• Stayed September 2013
Pulitzer_Staff, Direttore at Hotel Pulitzer Roma, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Jengr4,

of course when we read reviews like yours I assure you that it leaves lot of bitterness for a variety of reasons. Furthermore, considering that is given to customers the chance to review the structures in complete anonymity is very difficult to trace the complaint so to take it as an example to improve.
In your case, as you have indicated precise dates such as the date of arrival, the floor of your room and the days of stay, after doing all the verifications of the customers arrived on 2nd September 2013 we found out that none of our guests stayed as you indicated during that period.
Anyway I wish to deepen what you reported and I therefore ask you to directly contact me at the hotel.

Best regards.
Domenico Ieva
sudbury
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Excellent choice of hotel. Extremely clean, great location, very close to metro. Very courteous and professional staff. Speak English. Excellent breakfast included. Would definitely recommend and would stay there again!

Room Tip: The superior room is on the top floor, with a great view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have never left reviews on Tripadvisor prior to this, but I felt compelled to do so given my excellent experience at Hotel Pulitzer.

I had originally checked into a standard double room, but after the 2nd night, I had unfortunately discovered a leak in the bathroom ceiling. I was promptly upgraded to a different room from the next day for the duration of my stay, and the housekeeping staff very competently moved all my belongings from the old room to the new room (even though I hadn't managed to pack everything up in my suitcase) in a similar fashion, amazing!

Through my own fault, when I was moving rooms, I had left my watch behind, and hadn't discovered it was missing until a few days after, and the staff had kindly kept it for me as well.

It was a very eventful stay, and I couldn't have asked for a better hotel experience with the excellent service staff!

The only pointer worth improving / noting is that some double rooms have mattresses made up of 2 single matters wedged together, rather than a single double mattress. So if you're travelling with a partner like I was, you'll need to bear this in mind when booking. I know about this because my original room came with a double mattress, while the room I was upgraded to (ironically) had a mattress that came with 2 singles wedged together.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Snarltorialist
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The staff were courteous and helpful, the room was very clean and comfortable, the terraces and bar area were lovely. When you come out of the hotel and turn right you are a minutes walk from the Metro which is by far the easiest way to get around.
The food and drink as you would expect in the hotel is expensive so we had breakfast and the odd soda out of the mini-bar but ate and drank in the city. We were actually in A6 which would have been lovely but for the fact our room backed onto the kitchen so we were woken every morning quite early by the breakfast preparations. Other people on that floor were ok it was very quiet down there and as we wanted to be up and out it was only troublesome on our last day when we were going to the airport and wanted to lay in a little longer. The breakfast was typical continental and ok.

The fact it is away from the main tourist areas is to be honest a bonus because by metro you are so close but away from the hustle and bustle. The only thing I would say though is if you stay out beyond dusk Rome seems a safe city but get a cab back. The metro is ok but I wouldn't go near the Termini at night. We came back at about 8 each evening and the feeling around the area changed

ROME ITSELF - We found out too late about the Roma Pass but GET ONE. I had pre-booked to get into the Vatican and Colosseum but would have saved even more had I got those. It gives access to the Metro and 2 major attractions plus further discounts. If you pre-book your visits to any attractions you save a lot of queuing time so its worth it.

Rome is a lovely city to visit in terms of going there you have the usual things like the street sellers which can be a little off putting but walk away, tell them no and dont let them hand you anything. The cafes, restaurants and bars by main attractions are expensive especially around Trevis Fountain and the Spanish Steps. If you go slightly off the beaten track though it is very reasonable and we only spent €35 max per meal with drinks etc. We at a place called the Elettra two nights running and wish we had found it the first day. Its round the courner from Termini on Via Principe Amedeo. If you come out of Termini and turn right cross the round turn left passed McDonalds etc turn right. Over the road and its the next right next to a nice little Gelate place. It really is excellent food and the staff are fantastic and friendly. For a newly Dairy Intolerant novice traveller they were brilliant.

Room Tip: Avoid A6 if possible although the sleep was good through the night we heard very little road noise i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie W
Athens, Greece
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel was so nice. We were there for 4 nights.Comfortable room and decent price. A late bus stops outside the hotel so we didnt need any taxis. it's just one minute walking to the Marconi metro Station The room was super clean and comfortable.Delicious food and friendly staff! Will always recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed in this off the tourist zone small boutique hotel. The hotel decor is stylish, staffs overall helpful (although their friendliness is debatable subject), the amenities is quite good for a hotel in Rome. Price was reasonable during our stay. We had a room facing the side street toward empty lot, it was quiet, with balcony to seat outside. The room is smallish as most hotels in Europe, but with decent layout. Overall we liked our room. We enjoyed with food and drink at the restaurant in particular, much better quality & quantity than most places that targets tourists between coliseum and spanish step area. It's 2 mins walk from metro to get to all tourist sights, but far enough from all tourist traps. We particularly enjoyed seating in the outdoor court yard lounge chairs at night while enjoying a good cocktail, as well as watching the sunset while soaking in the rooftop hot tub. If we have to return to Rome, we are likely to return to Pulitzer.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the side street empty lot/hills for peace, quite and privacy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple