“Pretty good.”

Hotel Pulitzer Roma
Ranked #108 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here for a 4 day business trip. Service was good, was warmly welcomed and any request was met. The breakfast was also of a decent standard. It is a short (5 min) walk to the metro, which is about 15 minute from the main terminal. Rooms are quite small, but as I was on my own this was fine. They were also nicely furnished. I would recommend the hotel, should you not want to stay in the centre of Roma.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel is in a good location near the Marconi station, and is reasonably fresh and modern.
The rooms are small and feel cramped, and it is quite noisy due to the constant traffic.
The worst thing is the beds, which are so hard I found it impossible to sleep.
It's like sleeping on a futon.
I moved to another hotel after 2 nights.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TokyoNellyDean
Reviewed November 12, 2012

It was a very modern style Hotel with a personal note.
The food in the restaurant was very good.
We stayed four nights. The personal at the reseption was very friendly, Noman and Dario had help us in every question.
It was the first trip to Roma,
but when we will come back, we will book this beautyfull hotel oncemore.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LisaLennestadt
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in this hotel from 06/08/2012 - 13/08/2012.

Weather was very hot this time of year.

The hotel was modern, clean and comfortable. Although it is outside of the tourist area, Marconi metro station is only a couple minutes walk away which was easy to find. We purchased a weeks metro ticket that was cheaper than travelling by taxi.

The hotel isn't too far from the airport and we arranged for the shuttle bus to collect and drop us off which was satisfactorily coordinated. Staff are polite and accommodating, they don't speak amazing English but they gave it a good shot.

Hotel has wifi access and laptop in reception for guests to use free of charge. The bar and restaurant has a good vibe and nice decor as does the rest of the hotel. Hotel reception also has a free basic map of the main city and some leaflets which was helpful when exploring.
Our room wasn't particularly large, but had all of the facilities necessary and a large bed, including fridge, TV and air conditioning. We had a balcony which was a lovely touch, although the view at night consisted of ladies standing few metres away from hotel on the street corner.

Supermarket is approximately 15 minute walk away, we purchased bottles of water and stored it in the fridge. We went to the roof where some guests were having a dip in the Jacuzzi.There is also another smaller shop and bakery less than a minutes walk from the hotel but if you wish to have something to do you need to catch the metro to one of the many lively locations or main stations.

I would recommend this hotel... its reasonably priced and finished to a high standard with good service and friendly staff. Although truthfully i would have preferred a hotel in a more central location to make life easier (I'm being lazy!), this was right by the metro and was far cheaper than other centrally located hotels. I have no complaints with the lovely hotel and would be happy to stay here again if I ever returned to Rome. Rome is a lovely place to visit and there are some very well known and famous sites to see that will keep you on the move, however i doubt i will be returning. Rome is quite pricey, i found the food to be disappointing and got bitten on the one day quite a lot so please remember to bring some repellent. I'm extremely happy to say it is somewhere I've been but feel that I have travelled to more impressive countries/ cities. Each to their own though :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

we stayed in the hotel in the end of September 2012 for 5 nights. Unfortunately we got the smallest room. Maybe because of the cheapest rate we booked 6 month before? 28th was my birthday. In 4*Hotels we got sometimes a small card with the best wishes from the GM. In the Pullitzer was no little gift. Maybe they have no pop ups in their software for that reason.
On the third day we had water damage in the bathroom. 7:00 am a splashing noise has thrown me out of my bed. The dry wall particles were all over our cloths and bath amenities. Nobody helped us cleaning them or collecting everything to bring them up into another room. We needed to help ourselves. The second room was much better and a lot bigger.
The street in front of the building is very noisy. After 9:00pm you have some prostitutes on the street.
The staff is very friendly and polite except the breakfast waiters. It seems that they have just fun with each other and not with the guests.
The breakfast is for italian standard very good. You have a big buffet and everything is fresh.
All in all the feedback sounds not so good but in general it was. We'll come back and recommend the hotel because of its nice design and good standard.

Room Tip: try to get room in the higher floors. There you will have a big terrace. If possible try to avoid ro...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Holger W
Reviewed November 7, 2012

All went well until I went to pay the bill.

Due to unforeseen circumstances we stayed an extra night. When confirming I was advised I would be paying the same (long stay) rate I had booked the 2 original nights. When I went to pay, I found a small discrepancy which was based on the fact that I ws charged a single night stay for the extra night.
On questioning this, I was confronted with a rather pathetic attempt at a diplomatic response that made no sense so, figuring that the guy behind the counter was simply unable to comprehend that 3 nights was actually longer than 2 nights, I payed and moved on.

So MAKE SURE YOU ARE CLEAR WITH YOUR DETAILS BEFORE COMITTING.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed on the ground floor at the hotel for 3 nights and were able to check in early when we arrived around 11am. The great thing about this hotel is that it's located quite close to the Marconi Station (make sure you make a left turn on the street once you get out of the station. Google map was pointing us in the other direction) The bad thing about the hotel is that it doesn't have good soundproof walls ... we were able to hear someone sing Mamma Mia! song (quite good, actually). If you are a light sleeper, I would ask for a room on the upper floors.
There is a bus stop near the metro station so you can take the bus to La Bocca della Verità (The Mouth of Truth) area instead of taking the metro to Colosseo and walk there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family